Author Topic: list evocation elements, thaughmatrgy  (Read 1749 times)

Offline zaczane

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
list evocation elements, thaughmatrgy
« on: May 03, 2011, 02:10:02 AM »
i know he basic 5 but any ideas on some other ones for evocation or thaughmatrgy
fire, water, earth, air, spirit
i don't know any for thaughmatrgy yet though.
hey hey hey I'm not a Bad guy!!!  i just love to watch the world F%#KING burn now is that so wrong?

Offline Wyrdrune

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: list evocation elements, thaughmatrgy
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 09:05:27 AM »
whatever you can imagine...

transormations
ectomancy/ghost stuff
pyromancy/fire stuff
hydro-, terra-, aeromancy/water, earth and air stuff
photomancy/illusion stuff
curses
conjurations
summonings

to name a few...

Offline InFerrumVeritas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 01:12:20 PM »
I hate to say it, but there is already a list...in the book.  Check out the section of spellcasting.

Roxy Rocket

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 04:56:34 PM »
I had to ask someone at my first DFRP Game this question and she described her character's elements: Gas Liquid Solid Energy Plasma. Her boyfriend had done the same but his character had a chemistry degree just like he did IRL and classified elements by metal and metalloids and stuff as well as with real physics terms. I decided to be a homeopathic focused practitioner and channel anything I'd been able to mix with a drop of my own blood and used blades of gator aid to cut up ghouls cause it comes in pretty colors.

Fire Air Earth Water and Spirit are standard because Harry sees it that way and he was trained by "oldskool" European pinheads like Ebenezer and Justin. Harry thinks blue is defensive and his left hand is used for drawing energy in and his right is for projecting it.
(click to show/hide)
  My brother describes one of his wizards as using water earth and air because spirit and fire are too vague and insubstantial for him.

The schools are just a way of describing how you see the world and what you can't do rather than what you can. They could be animal vegetable and mineral. They could be 'Meat, Dairy, Grains, Fruit and Other (coffee and chewing gum.)

You could channel water as real water.
Or as green death rays.
Or as water made from ectoplasm from the never-never
Or conjure masses of Jello.

It's POST MODERNITY PEOPLE!

(as long as your dm and table mates say yes.)

Edit: I used strike through instead of spoiler.  my very bad.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 07:05:57 PM by Roxy Rocket »

Offline ryanshowseason2

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 06:21:41 PM »
Skys the limit, in the two minutes it took to read this thread I thought of a way to reclassify fire magic.

Think of it as frictionmancy, changing the friction of things. make someone's friction with the air around them so great they light on fire, make a magical spike strip for stopping cars by making small points on the ground have incredible frition and "grab" onto tiny points of the tire ripping them off. Do the bannana peel effect to people, climb sheer walls like spider man. You know how if you interleave two phonebooks together they are near impossible to pull apart? Thats friction at work do that objects to make them immovable. Fall great heights in slow motion due to intense friction with the air. Render weapons "unholdable" due to lack of any friction.

That list goes on and likewise the possibilities of other "elements" and I use that term loosely (or frictionlessly!)

ooh ooh, had another idea, you could make bullets curve in trajectory due to friction in the air in a path or on a side of the bullet (although bullets do rotate nowadays.)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 06:23:47 PM by ryanshowseason2 »

Offline zaczane

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 12:48:09 AM »
first what page is the list on
hey hey hey I'm not a Bad guy!!!  i just love to watch the world F%#KING burn now is that so wrong?

Offline zaczane

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 12:55:37 AM »
hers what i have so far
frictiomancy
necromancy
phsychomancy
ectomancy
kinetomancy
ferromancy-
anthropomancy
vulcanomancy
phonomancy
holomancy
aeromancy
dynamacy
tenebromancy
hydromancy
geomancy
lumenomancy
pyromancy
cryomancy
ethermancy

the ferro mancy i don't understand, i dont think its possuble in the dresdeverse cause its a wizard who controls or have magic that affects in a good way TECHNOLOGY

but personaly Ethermancy is My favorite cause its the magic were instead of blasting something with fire you blast them with pure raw Magic.