Author Topic: Non-Human Denarians?  (Read 3547 times)

Offline Becq

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Non-Human Denarians?
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2011, 01:54:13 AM »
In answer to the question "Who can make use of a Coin to become a Denarian?" I'd answer nobody.  Although it may seem like semantics, I think it's a fairly key point: it's not the bearer who "uses" the Coin; it's the Fallen in the Coin that uses the bearer.  And before someone points out certain Denarians who have retained a semblance of free will by forming a partnership of sorts with their coin's Fallen, I'll point out that the Fallen can choose to turn off the power at any time, or select what power to grant the bearer on an instant-by-instant basis.  The coin is not a 'magic item' to be wielded; it's a conduit by which the Fallen can tempt the bearer with offered power.

So what sort of creatures can a Coin make use of, then?  I don't have a solid answer, but I'll substitute for facts with the following complete conjecture:

I think that the goals of the Fallen involve the corruption of God's design, which means mortals -- including Wizards, but not including most other monsters.  I suspect that the Fallen could exert control over many such monsters, but generally speaking choose not to.  Why?  Well, perhaps they feed on ... well, on "the corruption of God's design".  Monsters acting monsterously doesn't do it for them, it has to be a mortal who chooses to act monsterously.

Or, at least, that's one possible explanation.

Offline evileeyore

• Conversationalist
  • PIZZA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2011, 02:06:25 AM »
A black vampire for instance can't do it because it's got no soul.

What if it has an afro and can boogie?

/sillyness

Seriousness, I agree with Becq.  Anything is a potential host for a Denarion, however Mortals by definition are simply preferred.

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2011, 02:21:34 AM »
The question never was what can use hte coin.  It was more a matter of what could join with the angel inside.  I'm on the side that certain things can't act as host.  I also agree the mortals are preferred.

Offline sinker

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2011, 04:33:05 AM »
I love the idea of a RCI or a WCV who finds a coin who offers them control over their other natures while enslaving them to it.

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2011, 04:19:50 PM »
I love the idea of a RCI or a WCV who finds a coin who offers them control over their other natures while enslaving them to it.

I do too.  I was just trying to get a feel for how people felt about it and if supernaturals could accept the offer.

Seems most think so.  That's pretty cool / scary.