Author Topic: Question regarding Sponsored Magic, Summoning, and Thaumaturgy Foci?  (Read 949 times)

Offline citadel97501

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Hello all,

1)
I was working out a character with Sponsored Magic that helps out with summoning, and I was wondering if you could use a summoning ritual to apply an aspect on a zone?

Specifically I was thinking the spell would place the aspect, "Metal Devouring Beetles" on a zone, and I wasn't sure if that should apply as a Summoning spell, or if it should be metal or something else instead?

2)
If I have foci for a type of thaumaturgy can I use it when I am using sponsored magic to perform rituals with the Speed and Methods of Evocation?  I am assuming you can, but I wasn't sure since you might run into the Offensive/Defensive part of foci that don't apply very often with Thaumaturgy?

3)
P.S. Sanctaphrax, your home brew summoning rules are a big help.

Offline InFerrumVeritas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Hello all,

1)
I was working out a character with Sponsored Magic that helps out with summoning, and I was wondering if you could use a summoning ritual to apply an aspect on a zone?

Specifically I was thinking the spell would place the aspect, "Metal Devouring Beetles" on a zone, and I wasn't sure if that should apply as a Summoning spell, or if it should be metal or something else instead?

2)
If I have foci for a type of thaumaturgy can I use it when I am using sponsored magic to perform rituals with the Speed and Methods of Evocation?  I am assuming you can, but I wasn't sure since you might run into the Offensive/Defensive part of foci that don't apply very often with Thaumaturgy?

3)
P.S. Sanctaphrax, your home brew summoning rules are a big help.

1.  Yes.  I like this idea. 
2.  Yes as well.  Although I might houserule that you'd have to choose offensive or defensive.  It would be a houserule though.
3.  He is an incredibly helpful fellow who has the respect and gratitude of many of us.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
1. Sounds pretty cool, and I can't think of a reason not to allow it. So yeah, go for it.
2. Sure. I suppose it's a judgement call, but I'd definitely allow it.
3. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I'd love to hear how the rules work out, by the way. They haven't really been playtested yet.