Author Topic: Incite emotion  (Read 1618 times)

Offline Khayne

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Incite emotion
« on: April 17, 2011, 01:34:33 PM »
Hey guys,

I have a white court virgin template character in my campaign, and i was wondering how you guys would judge the Incite Emotion ability he has.

There are 3 main houses of the white court and they seem to possess different talents. Some feed on despair, some fear and some lust. Should this limit or prohibit the Incite Emotion ability when used to incite emotion fear in someone when you are of a house that feeds on lust?

I cant say i remember any reference of the Raith family inciting fear for instance (my memory sucks though). Except ofc the fear anyone would get when faced with a vampire letting loose.

I was thinking that you get a penalty when you try to incite an emotion that is not what your house excels at.

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
  • What Lies in the Truth, what truth in the Lies.
    • View Profile
Re: Incite emotion
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 01:50:14 PM »
If you spend the refresh to gain an extra emotion you should be able to use it as well as any of the other emotions, Madrigal Wraithe fed on two types of emotion thought that was due to his mixed heritage.
Every night has its day.
Even forever must come to an end....
I think.

Offline Khayne

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 02:22:30 PM »
Ahh, so thats the deal. You buy Incite Emotion: Fear for instance. Its not a generic all round power you can use to incite any kind of emotion. Thanks, that clarifies a bit for me :)

Offline sandchigger

• Conversationalist
  • His Holiness, the Chigg
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 04:34:11 PM »
Right. Incite Emotion lets you incite one type of emotion, Additional Emotions are all available for extra refresh.
I may well be silly, but I am never moronic.

Offline bobjob

• Posty McPostington
  • Bier, ja? Und mit Dusen-Dusen? Ja!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 03:34:47 AM »
I cant say i remember any reference of the Raith family inciting fear for instance (my memory sucks though). Except ofc the fear anyone would get when faced with a vampire letting loose.

I know Madrigal Raith learned how to feed on fear based on his close association with House Malvora, but I'm not 100% that he learned how to Incite that particular emotion. This indicates that it doesn't matter what blood line they are born into, they can learn to survive on a particular fare, but the houses do seem to have their favorites.
The entire Red Court was taken down by the new Winter Knight? From the lowliest pawn all the way up to the King? *puts on sunglasses* Knight to G7. Check mate.

Playing:
Shale Buckby

Offline sandchigger

• Conversationalist
  • His Holiness, the Chigg
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 12:34:09 PM »
According to his write-up he certainly did learn to incite it.
I may well be silly, but I am never moronic.