The Site > Site Suggestions & Support

paying up for the forums

(1/14) > >>

sjsharks:
I just read the post by Iago on the announcements page about supporting the prices for servers (I know I'm a little behind on the times) and I was wondering if there is any way I can get any proceeds from buying a book on my Kindle to go through to the forums.

Priscellie:
Absolutely!

1.  Go to the book/Kindle book/CD/electronic device/foot massager and scroll down to the "Product Details" section
2.  Copy the ASIN -- it should be something like "045146365X"
3.  Click on the Amazon link for any item in our store.
4.  Replace the numeric value in the URL with your item's ASIN: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/045146365X/iagonet
5.  Go to that URL.  It should be identical to your item's product page, but the "iagonet" at the end is a tag that lets Amazon know we sent you.  Place your order from there.  You'll pay the same price as before, but Amazon will give us a small cut of the transaction.
6.  Bask in the knowledge that you're helping the boards stay alive and healthy!

sjsharks:
This works for any item bought on Amazon right? So if I were to by a WoT book with this method the proceeds still help out here?

And is there any way to do it directly from my Kindle?

Priscellie:

--- Quote from: sjsharks on April 12, 2011, 12:17:45 AM ---This works for any item bought on Amazon right? So if I were to by a WoT book with this method the proceeds still help out here?

And is there any way to do it directly from my Kindle?

--- End quote ---

1.  Absolutely everything!  If you want to buy an exercise bike or a flat screen TV through Amazon, you can use this technique.

2.  Not that I'm aware of, no.

Annie Wilkes:
Anyone know if buying through this link will work for us Brits too (don't see a reason why it shouldn't but I'm a compooter noob & it's all priced in $ which confused my tiny math brain ;D so better check!) If it doesn't is there any way we can donate to the cause from afar?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version