Author Topic: Community Project - designing the Jade Court  (Read 1120 times)

Offline Eldritch Donut

• Participant
    • View Profile
Community Project - designing the Jade Court
« on: April 13, 2011, 03:42:18 AM »
I've been thinking about the Jade Court as an interesting problem to tackle. I'm sure I could develop the beasties on my own, but thought it might be a more interesting notion to make a group project out of it. A community bonding experience, as it were.

Here's what I propose:

1. We begin with the following assumptions:
    A. The Jade Court has its origins in the Asian Pacific region.
    B. The court is a signatory of the Unseelie Accords.
    C. The Jade Court vampires begin in some way human and, either by choice or infection, are transformed into monsters.

2. We design the creature along the lines of a clan structure similar to the history of the region. This allows for variations on a theme. Allowing us to explore the political ramifications. Just as the White Court has it's familial houses, the Jade Court will have its clans. These clans should be different enough to provide play variety but share common weaknesses and powers for ease of template.

3. We design the monster so that it has available a quasi-state appropriate for player characters. An 'infected' or 'virginal' state which provides some benefits and more dangers.

4. We draw on the legends and folklore of the pacific rim to inform our designs.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampire_folklore_by_region#Asia - rudimentary information on one type
http://enchanteddoorway.tripod.com/vamp/japan.html - a wider variety of myths to draw on.

I'll wait to see if there is interest and then we can discuss organization of the project.

Offline Eldritch Donut

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Community Project - designing the Jade Court
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 02:42:25 AM »
Well... never mind then. I guess I'll just work on it and add my version to the mix.