Author Topic: More Holy Swords Than Three?  (Read 10634 times)

Offline Save_vs_DM

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: More Holy Swords Than Three?
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2011, 06:44:10 AM »
that durendal write up is pretty sweet! would you mind posting the cost for it's individual abilities? I know holy is a -1 but other than that i figure it's better to try and get it from the source before i try and come up with my own lol
Well, I mostly eyeballed it but here's how I broke it down in my head and on paper. I've found that with unique Items of Power you really just have to go with your gut.

Armor of Faith. -2. Armor 2 is equal to 4 shifts of effect and a single stunt can give you 2 shifts of effect against a narrowly defined subset. I felt that supernaturally evil creatures was sufficiently narrow (as it really only works against Ghouls, Vampires, and Denarians). When I was making the weapon I saw this as equivalent to a +1 to attack.

Divine Purpose. I count this as a +1 rebate for the weapon, as it's very clearly a restriction.

Hidden from the Unworthy.  -1 and pretty solid for that cost. This was also added more for flavor than for potency. I wanted a reason to explain why it hadn't been used much at all.

Holy. -1, as you said above.

Lay Low the Wicked. -2 and well worth it at this cost. I figured that being able to temporarily counter one power was roughly equal in power to Channeling, with a fate point expenditure taking the place of stress.

It’s a Sword - No cost, of course. The item has to be something, after all.

Unbreakable - Also no cost, as all items of power come with this by default.
By a knight of ghosts and shadows
I summoned am to tourney
Ten leagues beyond the wide world's end
Methinks it is no journey.

Offline Archmage_Cowl

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: More Holy Swords Than Three?
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2011, 02:06:11 AM »
Thanks for posting those! I like the idea and make up of this sword so I showed it to one of my players and they keep looking at it greedily. I think i know what they are going to want soon lol ;)
"I who stand in the full light of the heavens, command thee, who opens the gates to hell. Come forth Divine Lightning! This ends now! Indignation!" Jade Curtis Tales of the abyss