Author Topic: Monster reference cards, are there any?  (Read 1677 times)

Offline batmanjr

• Participant
    • View Profile
Monster reference cards, are there any?
« on: February 23, 2011, 04:20:51 PM »
Has anyone created some reference cards for the various monsters in the book?  I'm not a huge fan of how Our World is organized, and find it difficult to quickly flip to a monster I want.  It would have been much handier if the entire book had just been in alphabetical order.

Anyway, if there is something like that pm me with what you have, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Offline DFJunkie

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Monster reference cards, are there any?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 04:33:58 PM »
I threw together an excel spreadsheet for important NPCs.  I get three per page landscaped.  I have to put in all the information myself, but it only takes about five minutes per character.  I would share the file if I knew how.

Personally I try not to make up too many NPCs ahead of time, generally just the major antagonists and their chief assistants and henchmen.  I'm sorry, henchpersons.  The rest I come up with on the fly.
90% of what I say is hyperbole intended for humorous effect.  Don't take me seriously. I don't.

Offline batmanjr

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 04:35:46 PM »
dropbox is your friend.  Super useful.

Offline DFJunkie

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 04:57:39 PM »
Would that be something that people would appreciate and use?  If so I'll find a place to put it up when I get home.
90% of what I say is hyperbole intended for humorous effect.  Don't take me seriously. I don't.

Offline Daeglan

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 06:02:38 AM »
I would appreciate it. maybe you can email it to evil hat...

Offline devonapple

• Posty McPostington
  • Parkour to YOU!
    • View Profile
    • LiveJournal Account
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 05:08:38 PM »
I would appreciate it. maybe you can email it to evil hat...

Absolutely, but be careful - any supplements which contain large amounts of quoted text probably won't be posted. They also pose a potential copyright infringement. But Fred will let you know, so just create the reference mechanism you feel suits you best, and share it with him.

I myself made reference cards for all of the Abiliies and Powers, so I could have them all gathered during an encounter, but they are almost entirely quoted text, which is why Fred declined to post it to the resources page. I would have been surprised if he had posted it, actually.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 05:15:21 PM by devonapple »
"Like a voice, like a crack, like a whispering shriek
That echoes on like it’s carpet-bombing feverish white jungles of thought
That I’m positive are not even mine"

Blackout, The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets

Offline batmanjr

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 09:00:20 PM »
I managed to make something very quickly, but it is completely all quoted text.   :-[

I was able to copy the text from my .pdf copy of OW and paste the contents of each monster block into Excel.

Each workbook was a new type, as listed in OW, i.e.; Demons, Ghouls, Hag, Construct, etc.

So now I have a document where I can click on a page and scroll down to what I want.  It isn't perfect, but not bad for about 20 minutes of work.