Author Topic: White Court Families  (Read 1498 times)

Offline Team8Mum

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Realities PBW restart
White Court Families
« on: February 18, 2011, 09:20:31 AM »
I'm arriving at this forum a little late, so its possible this has already been discussed, in which case feel free to point me to the old thread.
But has any one had a look at the potential for 'minor' white court vampire houses who drain other emotions.

I'm currently developing a setting for use at conventions across the UK based in Liverpool [working title Hang-over City]
I'm toying with the WCV's community there feeding off the euphoria generated by excessive behaviours like drug taking and binge drinking with the counter being Abstinence/ Temperance. (Given the night clubs etc there is not a shortage of that)

Has any one else developed a 'minor' family. Are their any pitfalls I need to keep an eye open for?
I would HATE to be a character in one of the stories I write -
and then there are the days when it looks too much like I AM!

Offline bobjob

• Posty McPostington
  • Bier, ja? Und mit Dusen-Dusen? Ja!
    • View Profile
Re: White Court Families
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 03:45:03 PM »
Based on what was mentioned in the Your Story core rule book, I created a WCV house that feeds on rage. I wrote up a little bit of history to use them in my game.

House Malgus - A White Court house, the Malgus family feed on wrath. As such, they tend to be more violent than their lust, despair, or fear brethren in the rest of the Court. Three thousand years ago in Tuscany, Lord Malgus brought the other houses under his control forming the White Court of Vampires. House Malgus ruled the White Court until Lord Raith's coup four centuries ago. Since the coup, House Malgus have not recognized the authority of House Raith and have distanced themselves from the White Court, which has taken on a much more political and behind the scenes approach to their existence. As such, they do not have any representation during Court meetings. They are generally considered outcasts and are not held in high regard with either the other vampire courts or other supernatural powers since they refuse to work within the established power structure.

High Concept: White Court Vampire
Skills: Vary by individual
Powers: Emotional Vampire (-1), Human Guise (-0), Incite Rage (Lasting Emotion; -2), Feeding Dependency (+1, affecting the following powers): Inhuman Strength (-2), Inhuman Toughness (-2), Inhuman Recovery (-2), The Catch (+0, expressions of true peace)
Stress: Physical +2 (for Inhuman Toughness)
Total Refresh: -8
The entire Red Court was taken down by the new Winter Knight? From the lowliest pawn all the way up to the King? *puts on sunglasses* Knight to G7. Check mate.

Playing:
Shale Buckby

Offline sjksprocket

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 04:48:56 PM »
I'm doing a campaign ot of Lancaster PA, which is really close to Hershey chocolate factory. I have it run by WCV that run off of gluttony having their catch be true restraint and willpower. Their catch is a +0 with their incite emotion being gluttony. Other then that mechanically they are the same as in the book. In my campaign I have them not needing to kill as many people to fully satisfy themselves. That can be satisfied fairly well by people eating until they throw up. This makes them a lesser house in the eyes of other WCV families.
"The door is ajar"

Offline sinker

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 05:14:34 PM »
I'm currently developing a setting for use at conventions across the UK based in Liverpool [working title Hang-over City]
I'm toying with the WCV's community there feeding off the euphoria generated by excessive behaviours like drug taking and binge drinking with the counter being Abstinence/ Temperance. (Given the night clubs etc there is not a shortage of that)

A more refined concept (especially since it's supposed to be a negative emotion) might be dependency/addiction. For that matter they could be an offshoot from House Skavis.

I've done rage whampires before. They weren't really an organized house in my game because their feeding was too overt and difficult to control, but a small group had formed into the leadership of a street gang.

Greed/ambition has also been proposed, though I have a hard time with that one. It doesn't seem destructive enough to me. But then again I suppose it doesn't have to be.

Offline bitterpill

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 05:26:56 PM »
My GM created a family of White Court Vampires who were powerful in London and New York called House Macellarius, they fed off avarice and catered for a wide varity of hungers, they were a big player in vampire affair 200 years ago but had since been eclipsed by the main houses of the white court. They fed off need and craving the pinnacle of their feeding comes when there is someone craving something in sight but just out of reach (the symbol of their house is a man reaching futilely towards the stars).

"Apathetic bloody planet, I've no sympathy at all"  Vogon Captain