Author Topic: Grappling review (and other)  (Read 1160 times)

Offline Seb Wiers

• Participant
    • View Profile
Grappling review (and other)
« on: February 14, 2011, 05:54:11 AM »
Quick check to see if I'm doing grappling right (and efficiently, for my martial arts character):

It says you need a relevant aspect to tap.  So I attack with fists to establish the aspect "grabbed", and then next turn use might to apply the grapple?  And once established, its a block on (pretty much) ALL actions, including (most) magic use?  I just want to be sure there's no way to get a one round grapple I'm missing.  I suppose if somebody else knocked the target prone, maybe I could tap that aspect?

Somewhat related question, if you are trying to put an aspect on a target, is there any benefit to getting a better result on the attempt to do so than is required just to place the aspect?

Online Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Grappling review (and other)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 10:48:10 PM »
1. It's "tag", not "tap".
2. As far as I can tell, you are doing things right.
3. You can grapple in one round either through teamwork (as you suggested) or through a declaration.
4. Once you have the single extra shift needed to make an aspect sticky, there's no definite benefit. But there is an optional rule called spin that you could use.

Offline bibliophile20

• Conversationalist
  • Mmmm.... BBQ.
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Group Wiki: UR-Talarius
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 11:07:36 PM »
1. It's "tag", not "tap".
Oh, I don't know; depending on how he's grappling, someone might be getting turned 90 degrees.   ;D
Tips for the Evil Henchman:
#12. If the seemingly helpless person you have just cornered is confident and unafraid despite being outnumbered and surrounded, you have encountered a Hero in disguise. Run while you still can.

DFRPG Resources Wiki

Offline devonapple

• Posty McPostington
  • Parkour to YOU!
    • View Profile
    • LiveJournal Account
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 11:20:29 PM »
Oh, I don't know; depending on how he's grappling, someone might be getting turned 90 degrees.   ;D

I have wood for sheep! No, wrong game... I have Forests for Plains!
"Like a voice, like a crack, like a whispering shriek
That echoes on like it’s carpet-bombing feverish white jungles of thought
That I’m positive are not even mine"

Blackout, The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets