Author Topic: possible jade court game  (Read 1447 times)

Offline hank the ancient

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
possible jade court game
« on: February 13, 2011, 03:50:40 AM »
So the other night I was watching supernatural, and the baddie was something called an arachne. it sort of split the difference between a vampire and spider. while a spider would paralyze food for its young to feed on once they hatched, this thing reproduced like a vampire so the paralyzed food became the new arachne. this got me thinking along the lines of hopping spiders=hopping vampires and chinese silk=spider silk and anyway, I was wondering if anyone might have any plot ideas for a game involving chinese spider vamps?

Offline Katarn

• Posty McPostington
  • Morgan- Best Warden ever.
    • View Profile
Re: possible jade court game
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 04:05:34 AM »
talk to jadecourtflunky, he has a lot of ideas on this subject.

Offline sinker

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 05:55:21 AM »
Many of us tend to have our own ideas as to what the jade court could be, however it seems like one could do a very large number of things involving Chinese spider vamps. You have any other thoughts/aspects that would narrow the field a bit Hank?

Offline jadecourtflunky

• Conversationalist
  • "You are cattle" "Moo" (blows head off)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 11:57:03 AM »
Ok.. if you really want to see plenty of JCV ideas, there is a thread (not the one I started) that has plenty of discussions on the topic, including my own ideas. You may want to add yours to it if you want.

Offline Imp

• Conversationalist
  • Global Thermonuclear War
    • View Profile
    • Imp's Corner
Imp's Corner

Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die: Ever drifting down the stream --Lingering in the golden gleam --Life, what is it but a dream-Lewis Carroll

Offline hank the ancient

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 12:43:56 AM »
I'm just in the begining stages really, which is why I was wondering if anyone else had gone down this route. As far as aspects go, my brain is mainly just throwing out bad puns like "what a twisted web we weave" and "black widow woman". The initial inspiration struck but now I'm stumped on where to go with it. I was thinking that in terms of the stats I could split the difference between white court vamps and giant spiders. I see them as being Chi-suckers with spiderman like abilities, and some sort of paralytic poison that isn't necessarily saliva type venom. also some sort of cannibalistic, territorial, eat-their-young aspect would be good as I could make them normally feudalistic, but banding together for the story.

Offline devonapple

• Posty McPostington
  • Parkour to YOU!
    • View Profile
    • LiveJournal Account
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 08:10:30 AM »
hopping spiders=hopping vampires and chinese silk=spider silk and anyway, I was wondering if anyone might have any plot ideas for a game involving chinese spider vamps?

It's a cool idea - nothing I'd heard before. I'm sticking with the Magic Eating variety of JCV (especially since my players are all Apprentice Wizards), but this could be fun to play as well.

I'm imagining a humanoid borne aloft by some long spider legs from its back, sort of like Invader Zim's cyber-crawly legs, or Doctor Octopus. But that's just one take.
"Like a voice, like a crack, like a whispering shriek
That echoes on like it’s carpet-bombing feverish white jungles of thought
That I’m positive are not even mine"

Blackout, The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets