Author Topic: Side Jobs Audio in Australia - or not as the case may be  (Read 2120 times)

Offline AusConnection

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Side Jobs Audio in Australia - or not as the case may be
« on: November 06, 2010, 12:24:53 AM »
The Side Jobs Audio mysteriously vanished from my Amazon Wish List so I searched Amazon again, then Buzzy, then iTunes, then this site, then Borders (my stubborn streak had control of the mouse - and this is an abridged list of the places I tried) and was finally forced to concede that for Butcher fans in Australia, the Side Jobs Audio was forbidden fruit. Was it something we said? Did Tasmania forget to pick up the towels from the bathroom floor? Was Queensland hogging the covers? (No pun intended.) Were Melbourne and Sydney arguing too much?

Of course the real questions on the table are 'why', 'if' and 'when'. Buzzy or Amazon have cheerfully sent the books and audios up until now. Is the Side Jobs Audio ever going to be available in Australia?

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @myyrdneopia
    • View Profile
    • Ranting Dragon SF/F News and Reviews
Re: Side Jobs Audio in Australia - or not as the case may be
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 04:13:26 AM »
Try Audible.com, that's where I got it.  It's a purely digital audio, as far as I'm aware.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 03:51:48 PM »
Audible isn't available in Australia.

I've emailed Jim's editor.  I've heard from several international fans in your same situation.  We'll figure it out!

Offline Quasar

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 12:19:39 PM »
Audible isn't available in Australia.

I've emailed Jim's editor.  I've heard from several international fans in your same situation.  We'll figure it out!

Well audible is, just not any of the penguin books, much to my frustration. And people wonder why I'm pro physical media. At least then I can import it.