Author Topic: A Changeling, White Court Virgin... Thing?  (Read 4457 times)

Offline Amseriah

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: A Changeling, White Court Virgin... Thing?
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2011, 08:08:44 PM »
but a Full WCV-Changeling should be as long as they have the refresh to pay for it.

Offline infusco

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2011, 08:41:00 PM »
but a Full WCV-Changeling should be as long as they have the refresh to pay for it.

A changeling-WCV, yes. Full fae-WCV, no.

Offline infusco

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2011, 08:45:17 PM »
Anyways, a Changeling-WCV would be kinda redundant since a WCV would already have all those supernatural powers, but now they strike at his hunger track if he pushes them too hard.

And yes, they would indeed be covered by his Feeding Dependency, otherwise it would just be an excuse to play a character with all the benefits of a WCV and none of the drawbacks.

Offline Amseriah

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2011, 09:20:54 PM »
I don't think it would be redundant being a Changeling gives you access to Seelie/Unseelie Magic, Glamours, Claws, Wings, Cloak of Shadows (if you can come up with a shadowy fae to be your parent), and so many other options.  Changelings don't have to all be descended from ogres and trolls.

Offline Drachasor

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2011, 10:11:58 PM »
Do Aspects need to mean something specific? Or could they be applicable in many situations in different ways?

It could be a generally positive Aspect that can be easily invoked with very few situation where the GM will compel it. Or maybe the GM can compel it to force the character to be badassed (however the group interprets that word).

That sort of thing, judging from my group, is something to be careful about.  In general the aspects of that character don't have good ways to compel them, and that's problematic.  "Badass" isn't necessarily a problem at all, of course, though personally I'd be a bit wary about something that's open to a lot of interpretation.  Sure, it is fine if the group all knows what it means, but that can be a bit crazy if everyone has a bunch of aspects that require special understanding to know what they stand for (technically fine, of course, but probably problematic in practice to remember the meanings).  That's all I meant.

Offline Drachasor

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2011, 10:17:05 PM »
Hmm, two ways to go with the catch,  I think.  Either WCV catches or Iron or require Iron that's a WCV catch as well (which would probably be a +0 catch...something that represents True Love and is made of iron is going to be very, very hard to find and that will probably take knowing the person to figure out...though possibly you could research it so it might be +1).

Offline Moriden

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2011, 10:22:57 PM »
Some wedding bands are made of polished steel these days.
Brian Blacknight

Offline Drachasor

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2011, 10:25:42 PM »
Some wedding bands are made of polished steel these days.

Some, but then finding ones that are that AND represent true love is doubly difficult -- though I disagree with the cynicism of the books that true love is super, super hard to find.  It's not something you can go to a store or website and order.

Offline Bruce Coulson

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2011, 10:51:04 PM »
true love is hard to find for yourself, personally.

But finding items of true love simply requires research.  One of my PCs (who is fighting being recruited as a minion of a WCV) did some legwork and bought (at an estate sale) the engagement ring worn by a widow who was devoted to and loved her late husband.  It won't work as well as, say, 'holy stuff' vs a Black Court vampire, but it will provide a measure of protection.
You're the spirit of a nation, all right.  But it's NOT America.