Author Topic: A Changeling, White Court Virgin... Thing?  (Read 4502 times)

Offline jybil178

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
A Changeling, White Court Virgin... Thing?
« on: February 09, 2011, 02:17:03 AM »
Basically, I have a player who was wanting to know if this is potentially possible.  I'll be running the game to start at Chest-Deep, so she has 8 refresh to play around with...  The refresh is enough.

Now the only real question is, could this actually happen?
my 2 cents

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: A Changeling, White Court Virgin... Thing?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 02:18:41 AM »
Sure, why not?

Offline jadecourtflunky

• Conversationalist
  • "You are cattle" "Moo" (blows head off)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 02:21:23 AM »
Umm... ok... wow. I suppose this is possible, but it makes me wonder: what will the character be like, coming from two races as manipulative as them... and who was tricking who in that union. This might be a better idea in a submerged game though.

Offline arete

• Conversationalist
  • Kitchen GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 02:23:12 AM »
That sounds awesome from a gm perspective.  You can compel both societies on the character, and it could a really weird character.  Besides what wc couldn't use summer magic?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 02:25:22 AM by arete »
Posting from a cell phone excuss my typoes

Offline bibliophile20

• Conversationalist
  • Mmmm.... BBQ.
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Group Wiki: UR-Talarius
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 02:26:11 AM »
Interesting concept.  What's the matchup, I wonder?  A nixie/Raith or ogre/Malvora mix sounds like a one-night stand gone horribly right...
Tips for the Evil Henchman:
#12. If the seemingly helpless person you have just cornered is confident and unafraid despite being outnumbered and surrounded, you have encountered a Hero in disguise. Run while you still can.

DFRPG Resources Wiki

Offline arete

• Conversationalist
  • Kitchen GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 02:41:25 AM »
It should be a really weird mix like a troll/Raith
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 04:33:51 AM by arete »
Posting from a cell phone excuss my typoes

Offline crusher_bob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 04:14:11 AM »
I direct you to the tale of Thor Badass McAwesome   ;)

Offline jybil178

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 04:22:54 AM »
I direct you to the tale of Thor Badass McAwesome   ;)

If I didn't know it was a joke, and a player asked... I would slap them >.< Hahahaha
my 2 cents

Offline Drachasor

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 06:40:45 AM »
If I didn't know it was a joke, and a player asked... I would slap them >.< Hahahaha

I know what you mean, those aspects he picked don't look very good to me.  Very hard to see how they can be compelled (or even invoked in some cases).  He'd definitely have to get something more evocative.

Offline toturi

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 07:17:50 AM »
I know what you mean, those aspects he picked don't look very good to me.  Very hard to see how they can be compelled (or even invoked in some cases).  He'd definitely have to get something more evocative.
A few of the aspects are a little confusing as to what and how they would be applicable in game.

But I feel the rest are pretty evocative. I mean "My Middle Name is Badass" is about as evocative as they come.
With your laws of magic, wizards would pretty much just be helpless carebears who can only do magic tricks. - BumblingBear

Offline Drachasor

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2011, 07:33:30 AM »
A few of the aspects are a little confusing as to what and how they would be applicable in game.

But I feel the rest are pretty evocative. I mean "My Middle Name is Badass" is about as evocative as they come.

"Badass" by itself is a fairly generic term.  It's like "My Middle Name is Awesome."  Ok, you're great...but what does that MEAN?  Hard to see how "My Middle Name is Badass" can be compelled, for instance.

IMHO, "You can all go to hell" is ok given the context, as is perhaps the last one about being sensitive (though I wonder if the player would intend that to mean he can be compelled to kill someone by accident).

Offline toturi

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2011, 07:45:34 AM »
"Badass" by itself is a fairly generic term.  It's like "My Middle Name is Awesome."  Ok, you're great...but what does that MEAN?  Hard to see how "My Middle Name is Badass" can be compelled, for instance.
Do Aspects need to mean something specific? Or could they be applicable in many situations in different ways?

It could be a generally positive Aspect that can be easily invoked with very few situation where the GM will compel it. Or maybe the GM can compel it to force the character to be badassed (however the group interprets that word).
With your laws of magic, wizards would pretty much just be helpless carebears who can only do magic tricks. - BumblingBear

Offline infusco

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2011, 03:55:44 PM »
Hmmm ... as a GM, I'm always a bit hesitant to mix and match two different templates, but I not only have no problem with this, I personally think it's a wicked idea.

Mind you, in the case of both a White Court Virgin and a Changeling, a decision needs to be made somewhere down the line which direction you're going, although in this case, we now three possible outcomes instead of two! Human (playable), White Court Vampire (playable), Full Fae (not quite so playable).

Let us know how it goes :)

Offline Moriden

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2011, 07:50:23 PM »
White Court Vampire (playable), Full Fae (not quite so playable).

Are we in any way certain that a full blood fae "wcv" isn't possible? there are plenty of vampiric fae out there.
Brian Blacknight

Offline infusco

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2011, 07:52:56 PM »
Are we in any way certain that a full blood fae "wcv" isn't possible? there are plenty of vampiric fae out there.

Nope. Could very well be possible. Still wouldn't be playable, though.