Author Topic: How useful is Lawbreaker?  (Read 1109 times)

Offline zenten

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
How useful is Lawbreaker?
« on: March 05, 2011, 11:45:34 PM »
Supposing you want to break a specific Law a bunch of times, and are able to avoid the Wardens finding out.  Is Lawbreaker worth the refresh?

Offline MijRai

• Posty McPostington
  • "For my next trick, anvils."
    • View Profile
Re: How useful is Lawbreaker?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 12:18:32 AM »
Yes, Lawbreakers are worth it. A +1 to all rolls with the spell is like a Specialization to control for any spell that fits the Lawbreaker. -2 gets you +2 to all rolls, except it doesn't need a +1 below it.
Don't make me drop a turkey on you...

DV MijRai v1.2 YR 1 FR 1 BK+++ JB+ TH++ !WG CL SW BC+ RP++++ MC+++ SHMolly++;Murphy+

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 01:02:14 AM »
I don't think that it's worth it. It gives +1 to control only, while a level of Refinement gives two +1s to distibute as you wish.

Lawbreaker might be useful if you intend to violate a given law with multiple elements and thaumaturgical fields, though. It really depends on which Law and the circumstances. Seventh Lawbreaker could be pretty good for a character with Sponsored Magic (Outsiders), while Sixth Lawbreaker will very rarely matter.

PS: Disregard the above if you have enough refresh that the magical specialization pyramid is actually giving you trouble.

Offline bitterpill

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 01:09:12 AM »
The fourth law is the one of the most utility as mind hacking anyone is against the law it means you can get the bonus on anyone and dealing mental stress is a nice bonus. I have a character who uses this with seliee magic (my gms said it counted as lawbreaker but the council would not do anything) to be quite dangerous.
"Apathetic bloody planet, I've no sympathy at all"  Vogon Captain