Author Topic: If Humanity found out about the supernatural world would it 'win'?  (Read 4848 times)

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: If Humanity found out about the supernatural world would it 'win'?
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2011, 08:53:38 AM »
Personally, I think there would be a public "Get those unnatural SOBs" and private "Psss - want to live a good life as government employee" message going out.

That there would be some elements of most governments who want the supes on their side...  Imagine a BC Vampire looking into someone's eyes and saying "Tell the investigators everything you know" - what interrogator wouldn't want that? Or a Fae assassin working for them.  Or a wizard that they can control.  Or a ...

Yes, they would want some supes working for them.

There's a nice short story along those lines that's legally available online.  Called
"A Colder War" (At http://www.infinityplus.co.uk/stories/colderwar.htm ) it mixes real world history (up the Regan years) with the Cthuhlu mythos - showing what goes on behind the "Of course we don't work with dark forces" facades.

Richard

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2011, 09:29:01 AM »
I think many of us are forgetting the supernaturals who would be fighting for humanity.

Things that depend on human worship for survival or power would not want to exterminate humanity.

Vampires who feed on humans would not want to exterminate humanity.

Etc.
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline deathwombat

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2011, 03:27:08 PM »
Spoilers people spoilers!!!
Bad typists untie!!!!