Author Topic: Was just bored one day and......  (Read 5869 times)

Offline samdague

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Was just bored one day and......
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 03:46:26 AM »
This is what i got so far....any more comments or more ideas?

If you go up to "options" and select "hunger" it brings up a Hunger Tracker for Templates that need to keep track of hunger... im pretty sure i did that part right lol havent played anything that needs to keep track of hunger yet so not 100%  if i did it correctly, but im like 90% sure i did

alright tell me what you guys thinks brutal truth :\

Offline samdague

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2011, 02:25:12 PM »
anyone? lol

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2011, 06:20:41 PM »
It's really hard to say anything from screenshots.

Offline Malckuss

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2011, 02:47:38 PM »
I liked the "theme" of the original, more, but this looks amazing...I'm running the Dresden files at a local con in a week and this would help me out a ton!

Offline samdague

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2011, 12:07:25 AM »
alright i will through out my version i got now as soon as i find a site to load it up on ill toss the link out for people to download, and give feedback its not 100% complete and still got a few small fixes but it runs fine, game tested it with my friends yesterday....

Offline samdague

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2011, 12:15:21 AM »
So, do we get a link? :D

Download Link

http://www.4shared.com/file/SEuYTG6d/Character_program.html     

AND finally i got a a "finished Version" enough for further game test other then games im in.
im considering this a Beta test and will prolly add changes to if any one has any bigger ideas, just let me know!

Offline bobjob

• Posty McPostington
  • Bier, ja? Und mit Dusen-Dusen? Ja!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2011, 12:18:11 AM »
*is suddenly excited*
The entire Red Court was taken down by the new Winter Knight? From the lowliest pawn all the way up to the King? *puts on sunglasses* Knight to G7. Check mate.

Playing:
Shale Buckby

Offline samdague

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2011, 12:19:42 AM »
*is suddenly excited*
"remember i loooooovvve feed back :D

Offline bibliophile20

• Conversationalist
  • Mmmm.... BBQ.
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Group Wiki: UR-Talarius
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2011, 12:34:03 AM »
"remember i loooooovvve feed back :D
'kay.

Main page; looks good, but an option for a different font that isn't script-based might be a good idea. 
Default screen size is very wide, stretching off my monitor; shrinking the screen doesn't bring up scroll bars, which makes navigation difficult.
The stunts/powers list is good, but a place, perhaps a sub-page or alt-text, that could hold/display the exact details of the stunt or power would be a good idea.
An option on the dice roller to "lock down" a die for stunts that have that option would be good.
Places to note down armor, which stress boxes are granted from Toughness, Consequence type (M/S/P), and temporary Aspects would be good.
A secondary skill set field for wereform skill-shuffles would be a nice option.

The option for a Hunger stress track is useful; good job there.
Nice background; where did you get it from or did you make it yourself?  I recognize a bunch of the fonts and magic circles from various resources I've accumulated myself over the years, but this is much more polished than I've been able to attempt. 
Tips for the Evil Henchman:
#12. If the seemingly helpless person you have just cornered is confident and unafraid despite being outnumbered and surrounded, you have encountered a Hero in disguise. Run while you still can.

DFRPG Resources Wiki

Offline samdague

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2011, 12:39:10 AM »
'kay.

Main page; looks good, but an option for a different font that isn't script-based might be a good idea. 
Default screen size is very wide, stretching off my monitor; shrinking the screen doesn't bring up scroll bars, which makes navigation difficult.
The stunts/powers list is good, but a place, perhaps a sub-page or alt-text, that could hold/display the exact details of the stunt or power would be a good idea.
An option on the dice roller to "lock down" a die for stunts that have that option would be good.
Places to note down armor, which stress boxes are granted from Toughness, Consequence type (M/S/P), and temporary Aspects would be good.
A secondary skill set field for wereform skill-shuffles would be a nice option.

The option for a Hunger stress track is useful; good job there.
Nice background; where did you get it from or did you make it yourself?  I recognize a bunch of the fonts and magic circles from various resources I've accumulated myself over the years, but this is much more polished than I've been able to attempt. 

Got the background from the main dresden files web page thought it was pretty so thought i would through it in, then i took it off, and someone mentioned they liked the other one better so put it back up :P will take all this in and Hopefully if my life slows down a bit again lol will have a more finished version maybe 2 weeks or so thanks for the input!

Offline devonapple

• Posty McPostington
  • Parkour to YOU!
    • View Profile
    • LiveJournal Account
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2011, 01:43:47 AM »
Looks wonderful! I second the comment about script fonts - they are always tempting to use, and they make everything pretty, but can occasionally backfire.

One thing I noticed: there is no linked variable between the Aspects on the "Character Sheet" page, and the Story Aspects on the "Information" page. Ideally, updating one of these should automatically update the corresponding Aspect on the other page. Which means you may want to label the "Character Sheet" Story Aspects more specifically, and associate those variables with their Story Aspect analogues on the "Information" page.
"Like a voice, like a crack, like a whispering shriek
That echoes on like it’s carpet-bombing feverish white jungles of thought
That I’m positive are not even mine"

Blackout, The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets

Offline Moriden

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2011, 02:17:28 AM »
sadly doesn't work on linux machines.
Brian Blacknight

Offline Malckuss

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2011, 06:15:58 AM »
Maybe you could make the theme/skin switchable in a preferences tab or something; though I'm no programmer and I have no idea how tough that would be.

Offline BigMrE

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2011, 11:59:17 AM »
I like it, but would like a print option?

Offline samdague

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2011, 02:17:55 PM »
Maybe you could make the theme/skin switchable in a preferences tab or something; though I'm no programmer and I have no idea how tough that would be.

i am actually working on that now and also gonna start working on a printable version, also i added an option to show skills when you change