Author Topic: ...I Have the Power!  (Read 1585 times)

Offline Amseriah

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
...I Have the Power!
« on: February 09, 2011, 08:34:38 PM »
So this started off as a joke but it turned into something kind of fun.  I, at my friend's request, have created the Sword of Power from the He-Man cartoon and comics.  I know that this doesn't immediately fit the feel of the Dresden-verse, but I could actually see a creative GM and player making it work.  So here is what I came up with, thoughts, opinions?  Oh, you do have to be a mortal to wield it....it has an extremely high refresh cost.

Sword of Power

What it is:  Bastard Sword, +3 weapon
Powers:

Beast Change (this is the closest thing that I found to being able to change from mortal to superhuman) -1, Mythic Strength -6, Supernatural Toughness -4 (catch might be magic but I don't know, I am open to suggestions, +2), Righteousness -2:  Total cost of Beast Change:  -11

Human Form +1

IoP rebate +2

Total Cost:  -8 (If the character has the Refresh this should also be able to grant Inhuman Speed, as the character is shown to be quicker than human, bringing the total cost to -10)

I was also thinking that you could use Mouse's Stats for Battlecat, I don't know how you would do his transformation though....maybe as being separate from the sword, or maybe give the Cringer character a collar that acts as an IoP and turns him into Battlecat and itself into the armor.  Don't have to go that far though, could just give the character the sword.  I also was debating the merits of giving the item Righteousness separate from the Beast Change, could work either way and wouldn't have any effect on the cost just how it worked.

Offline infusco

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: ...I Have the Power!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 10:31:09 PM »
Yup, I'd say the rules covering Beast Change and human form fit here since there's absolutely gotta be some skill rearranging between the Adam form and He-Man. The difference between the two is pretty noticeable.

Don't forget to build Castle Greyskull with some really sick Ward and Threshold! I used to have a huge childhood crush on The Sorceress, so we gotta keep her safe ;)

Offline HobbitGuy1420

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 11:32:55 PM »
Does he change whenever he uses the sword, or only when he activates it? If it's anytime, Human Form doesn't apply. The rebate it would offer is covered by the Item of Power discount. 

Offline Amseriah

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 11:34:19 PM »
Only when he activates it...there is a transformation scene and everything.