Author Topic: My Villain Cries When He's Out of Fate Points  (Read 3630 times)

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
  • AKA: Renmonster The Horgymeister
    • View Profile
    • The Forbidden Dojo 3-D Art
Re: My Villain Cries When He's Out of Fate Points
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 11:00:35 PM »
I took a page out of another game.  My main villain has an aspect "reoccuring villian", and instead of conceeding I invoc for effect so he can escape.  I also give everyone in the party 1 fate chip when I do that to make it fair. 

I like it! I think I'll be using that rule...at least until they find the item that that cancels that aspect and he can't escape...8)

I've only run 2 sessions so far but I have yet to actually use Fate points against the Characters...that or I forgot, which is more likely...8P
"Brain Makes My Math Hurt" - me

"Eeyore is my Totem Animal" - me

"Pants are overrated!" - me

Offline toturi

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 11:59:04 PM »
Actually more like replace the C in "cries" with a D.

I've been adhering very strongly to the conceit that "monsters have nature" for my villains, and thus so far my Red Court villainness and my Denarian nemesis were given no Fate Points when they went up against my PCs.  Granted, they might get a few in combat from compels and whatnot, but without Fate to spend, there doesn't seem much a point to villains even having Aspects for the most part.  Maybe I'm doing it wrong.  What do you guys do when you have negative refresh monsters?  Do you treat them as being on a higher refresh total to begin with?  Do you just toss 'em some FP at the start of the session and that's what they get as a baseline?  Maybe I'm not giving them enough supernatural powers to begin with either.
I stat my villians according to "whose's in charge". Some of my villians are like Lara Raith. She is in charge, not her demon. Nicky is in equal partnership with his Fallen. These NPCs have positive refresh and thus have Fate points.

Aspects on villains without Fate points are (unless those Aspects are solely positive) can be tagged and compelled by the PCs. Recurring villain? Well, well, here's a Fate point, Compel to concede the field now.
With your laws of magic, wizards would pretty much just be helpless carebears who can only do magic tricks. - BumblingBear

Offline arete

• Conversationalist
  • Kitchen GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2011, 01:27:02 AM »
That just does not like much fun.  I do not think I would allow a compel to cause retreat unless the villian was at the lest starting to lose.
Posting from a cell phone excuss my typoes

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2011, 03:28:27 AM »
Remember that all compels have to be okayed by the GM. And if the villain doesn't have an appropriate aspect, no compel for you.

Not all negative (or partly negative) aspects can create an instantaneous defeat.

Offline Warpmind

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2011, 11:35:49 PM »
Actually more like replace the C in "cries" with a D.

...Am I the only one to notice that apparently, villains dehydrate easily?   ;D
...You know the character is special, when reloading his frying pan is the right thing to do in a battle on the high seas...