Author Topic: Two players looking for Skype/maptools game  (Read 1216 times)

Offline vonpenguin

• Participant
    • View Profile
Two players looking for Skype/maptools game
« on: February 14, 2011, 03:32:01 PM »
Hello. A friend of mine and myself have an idea we're itching to try out involving a pair of twins, one a wizard and the other her fae kidnapped brother. We've been looking for a game without success so far. If anyone would be willing to run you'd have our eternal gratitude. We might have a third player on the hook but he's had some family issues of late. Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays work best and we're both East Coast USA while the potential third is Hawaiian. Skype and Maptools aren't necessary but I would prefer a realtime game (Which is why I didn't post in the play by post section).

Thank you for reading.

Edit: Make that three, potentially four, players looking.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 09:31:02 PM by vonpenguin »

Offline newtinmpls

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Two players looking for Skype/maptools game
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 07:14:34 AM »
I can't currently offer a game spot, but I wanted to speak to the issue of gaming via skype - our gaming group was split by a move and now 4 of us are in Minnesota and 2 (or 1, depending on the campaign) are in Oregon. So we have to coordinate not only Skype but a 2 hour time difference.

For Skype:

Make sure both sides have a REALLY GOOD microphone. This will make or break stuff. Along with that, when the larger group gets chatty with each other, it's really easy to talk over the person or two in oregon. So courtesy becomes crucial.

Also, it helps to be using either a really well placed camera, or a couple of them - it's hard when there is someone consistantly 'off camera'.

Dian

Offline vonpenguin

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Two players looking for Skype/maptools game
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 09:01:02 PM »
Ah yes. I should have mentioned. All the players mentioned above are quite experianced with Skype gaming and each other so there shouldn't be many issues.