Author Topic: Multiple Items of Power and Aspects  (Read 1505 times)

Offline Klaus

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Multiple Items of Power and Aspects
« on: January 29, 2011, 04:01:48 PM »
If I have multiple Items of Power (like, for example, Excalibur and her magical sheat), do I have to take an Aspect per item?

Offline My Dark Sunshine

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple Items of Power and Aspects
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 04:04:17 PM »
Not unless both 'Excalibur' & 'her magical sheat' have requirements that you do so. Just because the Swords Of The Cross do, does not mean that all items would.

Offline Klaus

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 04:06:02 PM »
Well, they are both IoP with different abilities (the sheat can stop your wounds from bleeding and the like, basically giving you Inhuman or even Supernatural Recovery) and the rules state that you must take an Aspect for your IoP... but they don't cover multiple items.

Offline My Dark Sunshine

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 04:12:44 PM »
My mistake. I completely missed that on the generic Item Of Power ability. Sorry.  :-[

Well, as you only take the Item Of Power ability once, even when owning multiple such items, I would say no, you do not need more then one aspect. However as such as aspect would have too directly reference the Item Of Power(s), it may be easier.

Offline UmbraLux

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 04:40:41 PM »
As noted, you can only get the IoP discount once.  That said, I'd argue for allowing multiple items on a common theme and representing them with one aspect.  For example:  Thor's belt, gloves, and hammer; the sword, mirror, and jewel of Imperial Japan; Beowulf's sword and armor; El Cid's sword and shield; etc.
--
“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.”  - Albert Einstein

"Rudeness is a weak imitation of strength."  - Eric Hoffer

Offline sinker

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 06:42:57 PM »
Agreed. Having Excalibur and it's sheath seems to fall under a theme. For that matter it'd be really easy to have a single aspect that encompasses them both (since they're so closely related).