Author Topic: OK, does J. A. Konrath haunt the Butcher Forums?  (Read 1345 times)

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
OK, does J. A. Konrath haunt the Butcher Forums?
« on: January 21, 2011, 08:47:35 PM »
Recently picked up Wolfsbane and Mistletoe holiday short story anthology from Harris. Yes, it's from 2008.  Just found it. When I wake up in the middle of the night and don't feel like writing, I'll pick up a book and read for a bit.  Not in order, just whatever page it opens.

So, J. A. Konrath's "SA" was so...  our forum.  It even feels like a montage of collective ideas.  I mean the missing Book of Bob? The weresquirrel?  The pun play? And the final author's notes, "While the modern Bible is missing many of its original passages, the Book of Bob isn't one of them.  You're probably getting it confused with the lost Book of Fred."

Either way, it wasn't a bad companion for the 3 to 4 time slot.

"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline Starbeam

• Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @stellamortis
    • View Profile
    • Stella Mortis
Re: OK, does J. A. Konrath haunt the Butcher Forums?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 09:58:07 PM »
I have that anthology, and I've yet to actually read it. Though I think it had a Patricia Briggs short which was why I bought it.  Must find it and pull it out to read.
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." Ray Bradbury

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
Re: OK, does J. A. Konrath haunt the Butcher Forums?
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 06:58:30 PM »
It did have a Briggs short, as well as one from Carrie Vaughn and Charlene Harris. I've still not read any of Ms Harris' books, but i enjoyed her short story a great deal. Someday (probably over a rainbow) I'll have time to read.
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess