Author Topic: White Court Virgin Question  (Read 4689 times)

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: White Court Virgin Question
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2011, 10:57:08 AM »
If I remember correct soul gaze only works on creatures with souls and it dosen't work on Demons unless (unless they are linked to a person), Straight Fae and other assorted Nasties. So If she kills anything with a soul its murder if she dosen't she is merely causing its existence to sesate.

But if that's the case then it wouldn't draw her hunger either...

Then again, Jim Butcher has said that it would be possible (very unlikely, but possible) for a White Court Vampire to eat Mab (and thus gain Mab's powers).

Richard

Offline deathwombat

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2011, 08:31:52 AM »
The Hunger would probably not be happy that its owner tried to feed it non food as in non human.
Bad typists untie!!!!

Offline MacShidhe

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2011, 01:02:43 PM »
Then again, Jim Butcher has said that it would be possible (very unlikely, but possible) for a White Court Vampire to eat Mab (and thus gain Mab's powers).

Thank you, I think that may answer my question quite well.  (Insert Evil GM Laugh)  Where can I find the interview where he said that?

Sam
Full Assed FTW!

DV MacShidhe v1.2 YR2 FR 0.75 BK++  RP++++ JB++ TH+ WG ?CL+ SW BC+ MC SH [Murphy++, Molly--, Elaine -]

NERO Plot Merc - "Have Mod, Will Travel"

Offline MacShidhe

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2011, 02:20:09 PM »

Richard

Thank you, I think that may answer my question quite well.  (Insert Evil GM Laugh)  Where can I find the interview where he said that?

Found it! Re: DF: Harry and Lea « Reply #22 on: March 04, 2009, 03:43:14 PM »

I may be splitting hairs here but I think that eating Mab would result in her title and power transferring to the nearest available fey, if not unseelie fey, which would mean that the severely weekend White Court would have to start all over again.  Having to attack a fresh, if inexperienced, Winter Queen.  The good news for my group is, that wouldn't happen with a goblin because the lesser fey's powers don't jump to the nearest fey at the moment of death.  That being said, I think their more desired result of an attack on the Winter Queen would be a Mab who could be controlled with the statement, "Do 'x' and I will give you a temporary release from the fear/lust/misery that you're feeling right now." 

But to bring that back to the original topic, according to Mr Butcher it sounds like white court vampires can eat fey.  Now, if I apply the principle of "You are what you eat" to the situation which originally brought up the question, I believe the answer for my group is that the White Court Virgin would become a White Court Vampire with some of the temporary aspects of a goblin (both good and bad).  The more goblins she ate, the more goblin like she would become.

Thank you very much.  This discussion has been very helpful.

Sam
Full Assed FTW!

DV MacShidhe v1.2 YR2 FR 0.75 BK++  RP++++ JB++ TH+ WG ?CL+ SW BC+ MC SH [Murphy++, Molly--, Elaine -]

NERO Plot Merc - "Have Mod, Will Travel"