Author Topic: Character idea/Shapeshifting question.  (Read 1044 times)

Offline Sariel

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Character idea/Shapeshifting question.
« on: January 20, 2011, 10:00:34 PM »
Alright, I just got into this whole RPG thing, and I've come up with a decent idea, but I'm hitting a snag on a shapeshifting issue that is a bit murky to me.

The concept is for an Emissary of Power who is playing host to a Fallen Angel due to a hastily made as part of his back story. The question I have is in regards to his "Demonic Co-Pilot" shape shifted form, would I create an entirely different set of Supernatural Powers whose refresh cost tallied separately, or do the powers available only in his shifted form count towards the sum total cost?

If more information is needed, I'll be happy to provide~

Offline bibliophile20

• Conversationalist
  • Mmmm.... BBQ.
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Group Wiki: UR-Talarius
Re: Character idea/Shapeshifting question.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 10:13:11 PM »
Does he have Human Form (Your Story, 176)?  If he does, then the designated powers are unavailable when he's in human form.  However, they still count towards his refresh cost total.  If he has Human Guise or Flesh Mask, then the powers are still available.  But if he's got Human Form, then certain powers are unavailable when he's "normal" (and he gets some refresh back as a result) but those powers still count towards his refresh total, regardless of what form he's in. 

Tips for the Evil Henchman:
#12. If the seemingly helpless person you have just cornered is confident and unafraid despite being outnumbered and surrounded, you have encountered a Hero in disguise. Run while you still can.

DFRPG Resources Wiki

Offline Sariel

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Character idea/Shapeshifting question.
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 01:45:43 AM »
He does indeed have Human Form. Thanks~