Author Topic: A Bizzare Catch  (Read 1427 times)

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
  • What Lies in the Truth, what truth in the Lies.
    • View Profile
A Bizzare Catch
« on: April 18, 2011, 11:06:23 PM »
I was working on a king of fools PC whose character was based around inversion (the master serving the servant etc) and decided he would have toughness powers that only protected against the strong and the powerful instead of the reverse. I was wondering how much people thought a catch of attacks under fantastic accuracy or attacks with with weapons 3 or less would be worth and wether accuracy or weapons rating is a better indicator of the power of an attack. 
Every night has its day.
Even forever must come to an end....
I think.

Offline Viatos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: A Bizzare Catch
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 11:21:36 PM »
I was working on a king of fools PC whose character was based around inversion (the master serving the servant etc) and decided he would have toughness powers that only protected against the strong and the powerful instead of the reverse. I was wondering how much people thought a catch of attacks under fantastic accuracy or attacks with with weapons 3 or less would be worth and wether accuracy or weapons rating is a better indicator of the power of an attack. 

Accuracy is both harder to predict or control and less of a judge of an attack's power. Go with weapons rating. For Weapon:3 and under, I'd call it a +2 for commonplace and +1 if the PC can be researched, or +0 if it's unique.

Offline toturi

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 02:01:51 AM »
A weapon of Weapon 3 or less is fairly commonplace. Thus for rarity of the Catch, I'd say it is +2.

Knowledge of the Catch could give it another +1 if it can be researched.

For a Catch of Weapon 3 or less and can be researched, it would be +3.
With your laws of magic, wizards would pretty much just be helpless carebears who can only do magic tricks. - BumblingBear

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
  • What Lies in the Truth, what truth in the Lies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 02:04:58 AM »
Thanks all
Every night has its day.
Even forever must come to an end....
I think.