Author Topic: A dresdenfiles LARP?  (Read 1651 times)

Offline lorddrakewater

• Lurker
    • View Profile
A dresdenfiles LARP?
« on: January 01, 2011, 06:57:12 PM »
Has anyone done any work on expanding the DFRPG to a LARP format, it seems to me that you could easily run this in the same fashion as the VTM/VTR LARPs that have been running around the convention scene for years.

OOPs wrong place can a mod move it?

Offline HobbitGuy1420

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: A dresdenfiles LARP?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 07:06:28 AM »
It would be very hard - the high degree of custimizability means that there also needs to be a large degree of GM oversight, especially regarding Aspect compells and invocations.  Simple enough to do in tabletop, not in LARP

Offline noclue

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 09:05:17 AM »
I would look at John Wick's Houses of the Blooded Larp rules for a baseline, rather than VtM. Fate was one of the influences on the game after all. Plus, it rocks as a larp. The tabletop rules have aspects with compels, tags and invokes. The larp rules use Style Points to reward you for choosing to complicate your own life.

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 09:38:32 PM »
Houses of the Blooded is great starting point, but anyway you look at it there needs to be a lot of work done to convert a table top game to a LARP.

Back in the 90s the V:tM setting was ported to a LARP, but one with vastly different rules system.  Mind's Eye Theatre kept the feel of the game but instead of dice there was rock-paper-scissors.  The V:tR conversion is more recent and more rules heavy; it replaces a handful of dice with a single 1 - 10 random number.

Personally I don't think the conversion should result in a boffer LARP, but that's just a matter of taste (and memories of dodging spells by ducking out of the way of thrown spell packets).  I'm sure if you come with rules there are people who will want to play them.

Richard

Offline Sitrein

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 11:46:11 AM »
I heard that up in Washington (state) there are some people doing a DFRPG LARP but I have no idea what they did with it or if it's any good.