Author Topic: Hampton Roads Setting - Milestone Help!  (Read 1311 times)

Offline Wordslinger

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Hampton Roads Setting - Milestone Help!
« on: December 28, 2010, 05:48:53 AM »
I'm new to the Fate system and to the Dresden RPG. I'm starting a game in January with a bunch of my friends and I need a little assistance...

Because we're all new to this, I decided to start them off at the lowest power level and work their way up. My plan is to run them through 11 major milestones that I have planned out, kind of like television seasons, and to have significant milestones tied in throughout each "season" tying into the major plot of that particular major milestone and finally have minor milestones as standalone mini-adventures to shake things up.

Kind of like this:

Major Milestone 1
- Minor Milestone
- Minor Milesonte
- - Significant Milestone
- Minor Milestone
- - Significant Milestone
- Minor Milestone
- Minor Milestone
- Major Milestone Conclusion

Be sort of episodic in nature with a general helping of Monster-Of-The-Week and Problem-Of-The-Week while having some adventures tie-in and lead up to the major milestone conclusion.

The problem I'm having is trying to think of power level appropriate minor milestones to throw into these "seasons".

Does anyone have ideas or resources that can help me flesh out on this some? Thanks!

Offline SuperBunnyBun

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Hampton Roads Setting - Milestone Help!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 06:42:07 AM »
Mostly-Mundane situations involving only slight delving into the mystical world would work.  Such as a Changeling causing havock as they start slipping towards accepting their Fae side, or hauntings like near the opening of book 2.

And good luck with it.  I'm over in Virginia Beach myself.  If you have the setting set locally, I'd love to hear what you've done to local landmarks.

Offline Wordslinger

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 06:58:56 AM »
It is local, actually! I'll gladly share with you local landmarks we've picked out and created

Offline AlexFallad

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 12:30:31 AM »
Landmarks...to start with we decided the Seven Cities incorporated into Hampton Roads singular...probably a political impossibility, but really it doesn't affect the game that much so we went with it.  We figured it happened a few years ago.  So setting-wise, we have:

A ley line running through the Chesapeake Bay with a primal guardian of some sort.
The various military bases were repped by a cabal called the Sons of Ares...a group of military officers trying to bring on WW3
Gangland...a new, singular and powerful gang centered mostly in the Princess Anne Rd/Huntersville/Tidewater Drive area
Pungo/Dismal Swamp/Back Bay is under the sway of the Summer Court
The Naro is owned by the Winter Court
Town Center in VB...I forget the aspect/face for this one
A charter school for supernatural teens was created...it is run by one of the PC's parents
There is an ANG store/coffee shop/grill...one co-owner is a gruff bastard who open-carries a .44 revolver belted over his cook's apron

Offline SuperBunnyBun

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 04:04:33 AM »
a friend who is also a fan of dresden suggested that the towncenter tower should be a black court location.  the top of the tower has a 3-story penthouse that tends to be shrouded in mystery when people live there.