Author Topic: Physical appearence of a Changeling  (Read 3238 times)

Offline HappyDaze

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Physical appearence of a Changeling
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2010, 12:12:56 AM »
If your Changeling has Glamours, then masking your non-human features seems like a pretty basic use of a Seeming.  In fact, not only can you mask these features, but you can disguise yourself as another too.  I love the Glamours power, and I personally think that it's more fitting for a Changeling than Human Guise.  Why?  Because I like that a Changeling has to exert at least a minimum of supernatural effort to look human, whereas Human Guise makes you look human until you exert supernatural effort.

Offline mostlyawake

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2010, 01:28:48 AM »
One of my group's PCs is part troll; his true form is much larger and uglier (while still within human parameters) than his guise. But we play it that the guise is really something that makes people think they are seeing something else, but somehow are subconsciously aware of the real thing.. so people react by giving him more room.  It's very common for him to squeeze into an elevator, and everyone else pushes themselves to the walls, despite him looking like a normal sized person.

Offline HappyDaze

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2010, 02:01:38 PM »
One of my group's PCs is part troll; his true form is much larger and uglier (while still within human parameters) than his guise. But we play it that the guise is really something that makes people think they are seeing something else, but somehow are subconsciously aware of the real thing.. so people react by giving him more room.  It's very common for him to squeeze into an elevator, and everyone else pushes themselves to the walls, despite him looking like a normal sized person.

Another argument for taking Glamours over Human Guise is that a Changeling is supposed to draw their powers from their Fae parent.  Trolls don't have Human Guise, so it seems odd to have selected it for a Troll-blooded Changeling while Glamours is a power common to Trolls.

If you are making up your own Fae and Changelings based upon them, then this is something to keep in mind.  However, to the best of my recollection, none of the Fae in the book really look human except when using a Seeming (as per Glamours).