Author Topic: DFRPG Mechanics With A Twist: Help Needed  (Read 4053 times)

Offline exploding_brain

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: DFRPG Mechanics With A Twist: Help Needed
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2010, 04:50:45 PM »
If you allow PCs to take more consequences than normal, you and your players might have trouble keeping track of them all.

If you increase the number of stress boxes, you might find that the fights turn into a bit of a grind, trying to work through those longer stress tracks, especially if you also give the opposition longer stress tracks.  I've had some first hand experience with this problem, playing Spirit of the Century with the full length stress tracks.

To increase the heroic feel of DRFPG, might I suggest increasing the number of shifts a consequence can soak?  Make a mild consequence worth 3 or 4 shifts, instead of 2, a Moderate worth 5 or 6, and so on.

Possibly turn all three of those dials just slightly, for the best overall result.

Offline Sitrein

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: DFRPG Mechanics With A Twist: Help Needed
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2011, 02:30:52 PM »
bare in mind that the Nevernever is more than just Summer and Winter. There are literally infinite realms out there so you can quite simply make your own world. Say characters wound up getting tossed through a rift into another world (somewhere in the Nevernever) and now must try and find their way back.

Something I do for rewards (to give a more dnd adventurous feel) with one of my players' characters (bounty hunter) is I assess how big the bounty should be roughly in terms of a resources number based roughly off of the resources table (YS322). When the player gets the bounty he can keep track of it in terms of individual points.

He recently got a Great (+4) bounty and thus he has 4 points of resources on top of his normal resources that he can add to his resource rolls (either for declarations, buying things, bribes, etc). He can divide this down to any whole number and use just that on the roll or use it all. Either way, once it's used for ANY reason, that bonus is gone and he can't use it again.

But yeah, you might try something like that. Toss them into a dungeon like setting in the nevernever or even a simply more medieval world and have them fight and explore their way out. Assess the loot they find in terms of IoPs and resources and tada!