Author Topic: Looking for ideas  (Read 1124 times)

Offline cgodfrey7

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Looking for ideas
« on: November 21, 2010, 12:55:08 PM »
I have a basic idea of an archeologist that discovers an artifact or deciphers some runes that possess him into setting fires with human sacrifices at specific locations to eventually summon a demon, however, that seems almost too cliche to me.  Anyone have alternate story idea(s) that involve arson?

Offline Amelia Crane

• Conversationalist
  • Estranged Daughter of Darby Crane
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for ideas
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 01:19:11 PM »
Here's an arson idea I had.  It's the standard dude with fire powers who has a tragic past, except the dangerous incident in his past isn't so tragic.  The loneliness and crafting stuff was inspired by Vulcan.

Seth Lans
Template: Focused Practitioner
Description: A man in his 50s with weathered skin and eyes that show loving concern. Close-cropped hair. Precise uniform.

Aspects
High Concept: Arson Investigator Pyrokineticist
Trouble: I'm Getting Too Old for This
Background: My Father Told Me, "If It's Worth Making, It's Worth Making Right"
Rising Conflict: Lonely Regrets
Story Aspect: Communing with Fire
Guest Star Aspect: It's Not the Fire That's Dangerous, It's the Smoke
Guest Star Aspect: Don't Let Them Get Burned

Backstory
The son of an old fashioned glassblower. He accidentally burned down his family's home when discovered his powers at the age of 13. His family was rescued by firefighters. They became his heroes. He wanted to become one. Eventually he did, and became an arson investigator.

Now he's done it long enough to qualify for retirement. But he's also working nights teaching Metal Shop at the local VoTech, just to give himself something to do. He never did end up settling down with someone. There were girls, but he never got up the courage to ask them out.

Offline Dominik

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 02:21:12 PM »
One of the player characters in my game is a fire wizard who believes he comes from the purgatory and his task is to bring sinners on the right track to redemption. One of his aspects is "it was a terrible accident". Let's just say things tend to go boom around him. Literally and figuratively.

Offline sinker

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 05:09:30 PM »
I'm a little confused. Are you looking for character help or GM story help?