Author Topic: Petrification  (Read 3773 times)

Offline Belial666

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Petrification
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2010, 05:36:52 PM »
Not really. A white court vamprite with Incite Emotion, At Range, Lasting Emotion (-3 cost total) can attack your mind, ignoring all toughness and armor, at his deceit+2 (so it could well be a +7 attack) with weapon 2. A good roll on his part and he can kill you just by looking at you.

Offline ralexs1991

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2010, 05:47:43 PM »
Not really. A white court vamprite with Incite Emotion, At Range, Lasting Emotion (-3 cost total) can attack your mind, ignoring all toughness and armor, at his deceit+2 (so it could well be a +7 attack) with weapon 2. A good roll on his part and he can kill you just by looking at you.

touche I didn't think about that
Oh, hi, Mr. Warden!  How are you this fine day?  My, what a shiny sword you have there...

Offline devonapple

• Posty McPostington
  • Parkour to YOU!
    • View Profile
    • LiveJournal Account
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2010, 10:20:30 PM »
I reread Breath Weapon, and it is based off of one's Weapons skill. Should the ranged versions of these Petrification variants be Weapons-based attack rolls as well? And would it be too powerful to allow it to operate up to 1 zone away?
"Like a voice, like a crack, like a whispering shriek
That echoes on like it’s carpet-bombing feverish white jungles of thought
That I’m positive are not even mine"

Blackout, The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets

Offline perfectwashu

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2010, 11:15:12 AM »
I was just thinking of homebrewing this myself and I was thinking keeping it the same as breath weapon but have it use a block instead? I mean that way they can't act until they break it... which fits dont it? I was thinking something like a Presence vs Alertness but like the idea of alertness vs alertness...
I was thinking of playing a son of a gorgan character, just for fun aspects such as 'Son of a bitch' and 'snake in the grass' ^_^ imagine the compels

Offline devonapple

• Posty McPostington
  • Parkour to YOU!
    • View Profile
    • LiveJournal Account
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2010, 05:43:53 PM »
I was just thinking of homebrewing this myself and I was thinking keeping it the same as breath weapon but have it use a block instead? I mean that way they can't act until they break it... which fits dont it? I was thinking something like a Presence vs Alertness but like the idea of alertness vs alertness...
I was thinking of playing a son of a gorgan character, just for fun aspects such as 'Son of a bitch' and 'snake in the grass' ^_^ imagine the compels

I grew conflicted about using Alertness as the attack skill, simply because making Alertness high enough to make this attack a viable option against some players would make them even more devastating. I opted to go with Conviction or Discipline because they seem to more accurately represent the strength of belief or the will to affect the world, and making those skills higher wouldn't necessarily spill over into unintended advantages for the monster.
"Like a voice, like a crack, like a whispering shriek
That echoes on like it’s carpet-bombing feverish white jungles of thought
That I’m positive are not even mine"

Blackout, The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets