Linked Events

• Jim and Shannon @ MarsCon: January 14, 2011 - January 16, 2011

Author Topic: Jim and Shannon at MarsCon in Williamsburg, VA - 1/14-16/2011  (Read 260797 times)

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Jim and Shannon at MarsCon in Williamsburg, VA - 1/14-16/2011
« Reply #300 on: November 12, 2010, 08:58:49 PM »
I frequently give nature programs to kids 5 and up.  I'm a bit out of my depth when they get younger than that.  That also seems to be the age where I'm scary.
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline kittenbot

• Conversationalist
  • kittenbot of doooooooom--is doomy.
    • View Profile
    • tweeter
« Reply #301 on: November 12, 2010, 09:02:59 PM »
Children seem to go one of two ways with me - they find me irresistibly entertaining or they're terrified.  I made a professor's son cry in college because I said "hi" to him.  I'm still a little traumatized.  :P

crap. me too. they either love or hate me.  *sighs* i'll stay banished to the back while the tot is around.
and grasshoppers can't talk anyway, dammnit!

Offline whingnut

• Conversationalist
  • @RobJDurand
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 12, 2010, 09:04:06 PM »
crap. me too. they either love or hate me.  *sighs* i'll stay banished to the back while the tot is around.
you won't be able to help yourself she will DRAW you in. Kid is Friggen cute no doubt about it.
"Did not see some of it coming AT ALL--crazy ramifications for Dresdenverse" - Anne Sowards 08/03/12 on Twitter regarding Cold Days

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #303 on: November 12, 2010, 09:08:37 PM »
Fred and Christie took Evie and me out for Indian food when I was in DC for the Avon Walk.  Sitting in the car next to her little safety seat, I spent like 10 minutes just staring into her eyes.  Most adorable, gorgeous, joyous baby ever.

Offline whingnut

• Conversationalist
  • @RobJDurand
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 12, 2010, 09:12:35 PM »
Fred and Christie took Evie and me out for Indian food when I was in DC for the Avon Walk.  Sitting in the car next to her little safety seat, I spent like 10 minutes just staring into her eyes.  Most adorable, gorgeous, joyous baby ever.
You mentioned that and when Fred had linked a few pic on twitter months ago I was transfixed for quite a while . So cute and full of life this con is gonna rock on so many levels now.
"Did not see some of it coming AT ALL--crazy ramifications for Dresdenverse" - Anne Sowards 08/03/12 on Twitter regarding Cold Days

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #305 on: November 12, 2010, 09:19:57 PM »

My band director in college brought his little girl (2 or younger) to my lesson once.  She threw a flashcard at me then stomped away and refused to look at me again. 
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 12, 2010, 09:26:36 PM »
Bang
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 12, 2010, 10:37:44 PM »
EEE!  Fred, Christie, and the n00blet are coming!  I've added mom and dad to the dinner party list.

That's great!  I was hoping he would be there and I'd get to meet him.  Especially after listening to the Walking Eye interview.  I was so happy when I heard on there that the DFRPG has been a financial success. 
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline whingnut

• Conversationalist
  • @RobJDurand
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 12, 2010, 10:40:20 PM »
That's great!  I was hoping he would be there and I'd get to meet him.  Especially after listening to the Walking Eye interview.  I was so happy when I heard on there that the DFRPG has been a financial success. 

Quite Fred had mentioned it a while back. they broke even just a bit over 1 month into preorders . That Interview was great was funny to hear the 100d20 story again .

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 12, 2010, 11:47:43 PM »
Quite Fred had mentioned it a while back. they broke even just a bit over 1 month into preorders . That Interview was great was funny to hear the 100d20 story again .

"Archers." *EG*
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 13, 2010, 01:13:50 AM »

That was my first time hearing that, Now I have a better picture of why Jim says the players for games he DM's are wise to him now and when they open a door and see a nondescript guy behind it they say, "I jump out the window!"
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline whingnut

• Conversationalist
  • @RobJDurand
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 13, 2010, 04:11:14 PM »
there was another interview Fred had done a month or so ago linked on twitter and the 100d20 Archer story he said was his favorite gaming memory. I can see why. I thought this con was going to be great when I heard Shannon would be there as well and then Most of the friends I made at NYCC said they would go and then the fan dinner and now Fred. I'm unsure tho con can contain the awesome!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 04:14:57 PM by whingnut »

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #312 on: November 13, 2010, 04:12:37 PM »
Never underestimate the power of a Holiday Inn.

Offline whingnut

• Conversationalist
  • @RobJDurand
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 13, 2010, 04:15:42 PM »
Never underestimate the power of a Holiday Inn.
Oh I know the Holiday Inn will survive it's Virginia I worry about  ;D

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #314 on: November 13, 2010, 04:22:05 PM »
There are caves there.  People can hide underground.