Linked Events

• Jim and Shannon @ MarsCon: January 14, 2011 - January 16, 2011

Author Topic: Jim and Shannon at MarsCon in Williamsburg, VA - 1/14-16/2011  (Read 258312 times)

Offline OnlyElise

• Posty McPostington
  • Beware the Tiny Dancing Flower Person!
    • View Profile
Re: Jim and Shannon at MarsCon in Williamsburg, VA - 1/14-16/2011
« Reply #585 on: December 08, 2010, 02:14:57 PM »
There's a pun contest??

Quake in fear, all ye Board Members.
She Who Must Be Obeyed. Or at least catered to, occasionally.

Offline Chiana

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: December 08, 2010, 02:17:23 PM »
Who's bringing the Pun Dumpster?
~Mistress of Invisibility~  Loyal MinionTM of our Pharaoh.  Divine Ruler of Egypt.

Rest well Md.  You are dearly missed.

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @myyrdneopia
    • View Profile
    • Ranting Dragon SF/F News and Reviews
« Reply #587 on: December 08, 2010, 03:09:19 PM »
From an insider's point of view, here are the things you don't want to miss if you can fit them into your schedule.

Coyote Run - Excellent Celtic Rock band. They are local to Williamsburg but perform all over the East Coast and once a year they travel to Scotland, Ireland and next year England. This is one of the groups you get your dancing shoes on for. Plus you will need a couple of brews to cool down when they finish their set.

Poisoned Dwarf - They are more of your traditional Celtic Band. Great musicians. Their following has increased over the last few years and their local concerts all ways draw well.

Tom Smith & Boogie Knights - What would any SF con be like without your filkers. They will be performing 3 times throughout the weekend so you should be able to find a performance you can attend.

Treasures of the Sand - You like Dancing Girls? We got Dancing Girls! This is not just your typical Belly Dancers. They perform various Middle-Eastern dances and are an annual favorite. Especially with our Hotel Owner.

Fishnet Inc. and Rocky Horror - They perform all over the Tidewater Virginia area and help keep the legacy of Rocky alive. They also throw one hell of a Saturday Night party.

One of my Favorite Programs - SF Win, Lose or Draw. Great party game. In the days when MarsCon was a small Relax-a-con, this built our reputation as a con to attend. They would lynch me if we ever dropped this from the con schedule.

Finally, the best part of MarsCon - other than Jim and Shannon Butcher - is our con suite. You can pretty much feed yourself through-out the weekend. Yes you might go out for Pizza - wait a second the con suite if having pizza - okay you might want to go out for Coffee - wait we will have coffee, maybe even some Starbucks - well you know you'll have to buy drinks - nope! We have them all weekend long. Want hot tea, ice tea, milk (only available during Filk and Cookies), homemade cookies. We got them. For Breakfast, we will have pastries and fruit, but we will also have some ham and hard boiled eggs. At lunch time, we will have sandwiches. For dinner, we will have some hot foods. During our party we will have some great snacks. If you away hungry from MarsCon, then (A). You are a very picky eater, or (B) You have a medical issue and although we try very hard, we can't cover everything.

And don't miss the Champagne Toast at Opening Ceremonies. If you still have questions when you get to the con, just ask for Butch. Every regular knows Butch.

Sincerely,

Butch

Thanks for all the infos, Butch.  I've checked out Coyote Run's website and really really liked what I heard.  And... food...

Oh, and BTW....

11:00 PM

Board Room — The Men (And Women) in Black:  A Guide to the World of Fetish Clothing (ADULT) — Lord Ramirez — No Minors — ID Required at Door

PG and Shecky, that disclaimer is for you all, be sure you have your IDs so we can alert the authorities err make sure you're of legal age.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 03:12:12 PM by Myyrdn Eopia »

Offline Heartsonycgr

• Conversationalist
  • Not quite as old as ancient Mai...
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: December 08, 2010, 03:18:20 PM »
Thanks, Butch!  Great info. A few fleeting thoughts... 

1) I play the bodhran (badly) a celtic instrument and have heard Coyote Run a ton of times and Poisoned Dwarf a few and they are AWESOME.  Great catch for bands.  Looking forward to hearing the ones that will be first time for me.
2) As a newt, this is sounding more and more like an awesome experience for a first timer
3) Puns go over my head as demonstrated by Jeff Dunham's Peanut character (nyuuuuuum!).  Will be another chance for me to improve my skills.
4) I don't need ID for the Men(Women) in Black.  Anyone who can't figure out I'm over 18 needs their eyes checked  ;) ;D

Milo, where's the Tollbooth?  Love, Tock.
Twitter: @Heartsonycgr

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: December 08, 2010, 03:21:09 PM »
I'll say this now: you people don't want me anywhere NEAR anything that mentions fetish clothing. Any thought that puts the concept of "Shecky" in close proximity with the idea of "fetish clothing" runs a strong risk of melting brain matter. You are warned.

And I await the pun contest with baited breath (not "bated", 'cause I can't wait that long). As with all bait, the aroma tends to smell a bit... interesting. ;D
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #590 on: December 08, 2010, 03:22:35 PM »
...Now I'm imagining Shecky dressed as Frank N Furter with a mouthful of minnows.  There is no god.

*dives into an ocean of brain bleach*

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: December 08, 2010, 03:25:22 PM »
...Now I'm imagining Shecky dressed as Frank N Furter with a mouthful of minnows.  There is no god.

You keep doing this to yourself. Not my fault. But the following IS:

"I'm just a dwarf transvestite
"From Khazad-dûm, down in Moriaaaa..."
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Starbeam

• Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @stellamortis
    • View Profile
    • Stella Mortis
« Reply #592 on: December 08, 2010, 03:26:25 PM »
There's a pun contest??

Quake in fear, all ye Board Members.
I saw that, and was scared.

...Now I'm imagining Shecky dressed as Frank N Furter with a mouthful of minnows.  There is no god.

o.O
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." Ray Bradbury

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: December 08, 2010, 03:43:49 PM »
PG and Shecky, that disclaimer is for you all, be sure you have your IDs so we can alert the authorities err make sure you're of legal age.

You know, Myyrdn my boy, of the three of us you're the only one who'll fit in the Gimp Suit.

Hey Shecky.

We got a candidate.

Offline Starbeam

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Stella Mortis
« Reply #594 on: December 08, 2010, 03:45:58 PM »
You know, Myyrdn my boy, of the three of us you're the only one who'll fit in the Gimp Suit.

Hey Shecky.

We got a candidate.
x_x

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: December 08, 2010, 03:48:53 PM »

Hey Shecky.

We got a candidate.

Boy sure do got a purty mouth.

Offline Enjorous

• Seriously?
  • Prince of the Gutter since 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: December 08, 2010, 04:01:47 PM »
*Joins Pris in the ocean of Bleach o' Brain*

The horror, the horror!
Kentucky Fried Shuriken - Finger Lickin' Death.
Quote from: horsehearted
Nah, women are just batshit crazy ALL the time!  :D
87.1% Dresden Pure rank: Nicodemus

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #597 on: December 08, 2010, 04:17:26 PM »
This thread has wandered down a strange, strange road...   :D
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline Enjorous

• Seriously?
  • Prince of the Gutter since 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: December 08, 2010, 04:25:51 PM »
Strange and horrifying.
Kentucky Fried Shuriken - Finger Lickin' Death.
Quote from: horsehearted
Nah, women are just batshit crazy ALL the time!  :D
87.1% Dresden Pure rank: Nicodemus

Offline Starbeam

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Stella Mortis
« Reply #599 on: December 08, 2010, 04:31:14 PM »
This thread has wandered down a strange, strange road...   :D

I'm trying to figure out how this is any different than normal.