Author Topic: So I have a bit of an idea for a campaign...  (Read 3241 times)

Offline Jinn Master

• Conversationalist
  • Sanity Roll!
    • View Profile
Re: So I have a bit of an idea for a campaign...
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2010, 01:04:06 AM »
You can't really get before Abrahamic religions- at least not Judaism. The Jews were already a power by 3000BC. At least, they were a nation of tribes with (probably) similar beliefs. They didn't yet have the set of laws laid down by Moses, but they already believed in the one God, even if they worshipped others. They sort of worshipped other pantheons while thinking Jehovah was the supreme asskicker among them. If you mean before they became all organized as a nation, I don't think that happened until 2000 BC or so. 2500 BC was when they started killing everyone like they were just targets at a shooting range- Sumeria had established a pretty decent empire, the Egyptians were starting to build pyramids and had kicked the asses of half of Africa already, and the Celts started invading Europe. Huangdi, China's legendary "Yellow Emperor" ruled somewhere around 2500 BC, and was the founder of Chinese civilization. Or so the legend goes.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 01:08:48 AM by Jinn Master »
Then out spake brave Horatius,
The Captain of the Gate:
"To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his gods...
-The Lay of Horatius

Offline Belial666

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2010, 01:37:54 AM »
You really can't go before Abrahamic religion. The Angels in the Dresdenverse are referred to as "ancient ones" by the Fae. They are older than the fey courts.

Besides, there is a problem with going that far back. Marduk, Tiamat, Nyx, Cthon and their ilk were worshipped by the earliest human civilizations. They actually walked the Earth and ate 1d4 cultists per round back then. You really don't want to go back far enough to meet the Old Ones, do you?

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2010, 01:42:56 AM »
You really don't want to go back far enough to meet the Old Ones, do you?

Why not? It sounds like fun to me.

Besides, if you're playing as a senior council member you're going to need some serious opposition. After all, there has to be something in the world stronger than the players.

Tbora

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2010, 02:15:40 AM »
2500 BC sounds about right to me then.

And I am debating whether it would be better to let people make their own characters, or play the likes of McCoy, Arthur Langstry, Rashid, Ancient Mai, LtWs, LaFortier, and Liberty.

Thoughts?

Offline Blackblade

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2010, 02:28:22 AM »
I think an alternate senior council would probably be better. 

Offline Jinn Master

• Conversationalist
  • Sanity Roll!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2010, 02:59:46 AM »
Alternate council would definitely be preferable. I'd prefer to play the Gatekeeper.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 03:19:43 AM by Jinn Master »
Then out spake brave Horatius,
The Captain of the Gate:
"To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his gods...
-The Lay of Horatius

Tbora

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2010, 03:44:59 AM »
So things for campaign I have thought of:

1) Alternate Council It is, so your free to do what you will that said I would still like you to keep your character along certain guides.IE Wardmaster, Blackstaff, Articifer, Gatekeeper (Divination/Summoning-Binding), Shapeshifter/Healer, Illusionist/Delicate Magics,Generalist. Of coarse those are just ideas, if you have something better you'd like to try just pitch me the character concept and well work something out.

2)No defined refresh level, do what needs to be done to fulfill the character concept, what will happen after that, is the strongest PC made will get 1 refresh added to his score unspent (to make him a PC) and the others will get a corresponding amount of refresh added to theirs unspent to be fate points to equal it out. The Skill point amount is 80 so you have alot to work with.

3) This campaign will have no "solid" GM role.Rather everything in terms of plot can be done by consensus and on the fly in game.Rather then having a major worked out plot we will simply play and see where it leads us.

4) Their is no Number four.

thoughts?

Tbora

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2010, 04:29:18 PM »
bump, any takers?

Offline Kaldra

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2010, 06:33:12 PM »
wow, thats a pretty steep power level, i mean fights for that group are going to be a real pain, from the encounter stand point, especially if the groups diviner is any good at their job. but good lord, my ward expert concept could really pull off some crazy walls with that much refinement.

Tbora

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2010, 06:51:16 PM »
Post in the Interest Check if you want in the game, get in the chat if possible please ;)