Author Topic: Avatar discussion  (Read 27834 times)

Offline horsehearted

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • I have a tumblr
Re: Avatar discussion
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2010, 03:57:50 AM »
If you can't beat them one way, we're firm believers in beating them in a different fashion.
So... we gathered up a few old (and maybe even antique) doll heads, & put them on stakes among the plants.
The effect was *immediate* - The vandalism stopped completely.
I know we completely creeped the little turds out - that's what we intended to do. Thankfully the family has since moved, so there aren't doll heads in the garden anymore.

You Sir are one of the most amazing people I've seen around here. How did you come up with that?!!? That is amazing! This, along with the tractor parts comment, has made you one of my favorite people to lurk behind here on the boards! (Which is a lot like stalking, but in a friendly, waiting for you to say something else funny/interesting/snarky kinda way. Not in a mouth-breather way.)
Seriously - with proper battering & frying, tractor parts are delicious!
I'M A PRETTY, PRETTY PRINCESS!

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2010, 04:00:38 AM »
You Sir are one of the most amazing people I've seen around here. How did you come up with that?!!? That is amazing! This, along with the tractor parts comment, has made you one of my favorite people to lurk behind here on the boards! (Which is a lot like stalking, but in a friendly, waiting for you to say something else funny/interesting/snarky kinda way. Not in a mouth-breather way.)

Suck up *cough* JK
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline horsehearted

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • I have a tumblr
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2010, 04:06:01 AM »
Suck up *cough* JK

I give credit where credit it due. *shrug* It isn't like I'm fawning all over everyone here. Piotr is awesome, he makes me laugh. I told him.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2010, 04:10:00 AM »
I know I'm joking
Sir  Reginald.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

Offline horsehearted

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • I have a tumblr
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2010, 04:12:23 AM »
I know!  ;D

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2010, 04:14:28 AM »
What were we talking about again? oh yeah puppies
Sir  Reginald.

Offline horsehearted

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • I have a tumblr
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2010, 04:16:07 AM »
Puppies? Really?

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2010, 04:20:39 AM »
Sir  Reginald.

Offline horsehearted

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • I have a tumblr
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2010, 04:21:35 AM »
ZOMGFUZZYPUPPIESTHEYAREFUZZYPUPPIESLOOKATHTEFUZZYPUPPIESIMU STSNUGGLETHEMANDCUDDLETHEMANDSNUGGLETHEMBECAUSETHEYAREFUZZY PUPPIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2010, 04:23:53 AM »
*scratches head*
Sir  Reginald.

Offline Piotr1600

• Posty McPostington
  • Not *quite* the Eye of Providence...
    • View Profile
    • Go For Throttle Up - Music you haven't heard
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2010, 06:51:51 AM »
Thank you - I'm glad to be amusing/interesting to my fellow JB fans. I normally feel like a small fish in a big pond of funny snark, witty remarks, esoteric knowledge, kindness, and people waaay cooler than me. I find the range of skills, interests, and ages present on the board to be quite well, interesting!
There are a number of people I make a point of reading every post they make, because I enjoy their POV a lot... So, I don't feel "stalked" - the word is actually "flattered".

The base idea was mostly inspired by a History channel special on Vlad Dracula that Herself & I saw while noshing thru dinner one evening...  In the program, there were woodcuts showing the road lined with stakes, which generated this sort of "Pinky & the Brain" moment, complete with "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"  Sooo.... After the laughter subsided a bit, we plotted it all out - I supplied stakes of various lengths, that weekend Herself & I went junking/antiquing for suitable heads... Her girlfriends - once *they* stopped laughing - contributed several doll heads to the cause as well.
Suffice it to say that there were easily a good two dozen 4"-6" sized doll-heads-on-stakes...

And the best part to me was that it worked exceptionally well -  without exacerbating the existing strife, without causing the kids any legal troubles, or completely souring the relationship with those neighbors...
My band: http://www.soundclick.com/goforthrottleup -

The real problem with the shallow end of the gene pool is that it isn’t deep enough to allow the depth charges to arm. - By "Hardware" on Larry Correia's website.

Offline tallgrrl

• Conversationalist
  • I worked hard to find the right grey cat picture!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2010, 10:01:24 AM »
 :P  You out creeped the creeps!

On another note, AcornArmy's solution of using Adblock Plus and Pop-up Addons works like a champ, you can totally select specific adds or individual sources!  Frustration level (not to mention creepy level) went down exponentially.  Gotta love firefox.
~~~~~~~~~~~~Real men wear kilts!~~~~~~~~~~~
/// Death before Dishonor… nothing before coffee ///

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2010, 12:13:44 PM »
Thank you - I'm glad to be amusing/interesting to my fellow JB fans. I normally feel like a small fish in a big pond of funny snark, witty remarks, esoteric knowledge, kindness, and people waaay cooler than me. I find the range of skills, interests, and ages present on the board to be quite well, interesting!
There are a number of people I make a point of reading every post they make, because I enjoy their POV a lot... So, I don't feel "stalked" - the word is actually "flattered".

The base idea was mostly inspired by a History channel special on Vlad Dracula that Herself & I saw while noshing thru dinner one evening...  In the program, there were woodcuts showing the road lined with stakes, which generated this sort of "Pinky & the Brain" moment, complete with "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"  Sooo.... After the laughter subsided a bit, we plotted it all out - I supplied stakes of various lengths, that weekend Herself & I went junking/antiquing for suitable heads... Her girlfriends - once *they* stopped laughing - contributed several doll heads to the cause as well.
Suffice it to say that there were easily a good two dozen 4"-6" sized doll-heads-on-stakes...

And the best part to me was that it worked exceptionally well -  without exacerbating the existing strife, without causing the kids any legal troubles, or completely souring the relationship with those neighbors...

Good Story although if i had been the kids i probably would have moved them to your front yard to freak you out.
Sir  Reginald.

Offline Blaze

• Cloak maker to Wizards.
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2010, 01:21:21 PM »
Piotr, a far more elegant solutio to the problem than going to the police, or neighborhood watch or whatever!  Kudos to you, sir!
Chi pò, non vò; chi vò, non pò; chi sà, non fà; chi fà, non sà; e così, male il mondo va.

Offline tallgrrl

• Conversationalist
  • I worked hard to find the right grey cat picture!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2010, 01:24:04 PM »
Actually, you're probably lucky they didn't call the police and have them digging up your yard looking for buried corpses.  ...that would have been kinda cool too, as long as they didn't find any.
~~~~~~~~~~~~Real men wear kilts!~~~~~~~~~~~
/// Death before Dishonor… nothing before coffee ///