Author Topic: DFRPG Reviewed on The Walking Eye Podcast  (Read 1310 times)

Offline TheWalkingEye

• Participant
    • View Profile
DFRPG Reviewed on The Walking Eye Podcast
« on: October 27, 2010, 01:56:36 PM »
Hey everybody,

Just dropping in to let y'all know we've posted our review of the Dresden Files RPG up at The Walking Eye: http://www.thewalkingeye.com/?p=958

Shock of shocks, we liked it quite a bit. There's a bit of talk about aspects we like (such as Aspects) and a few minor quibbles about the character creation process and the probability spreads of FATE dice.

For those interested, we also have 5 sessions of Actual Play recorded, covering City Creation, character creation, and 3 sessions of narrative play: http://www.thewalkingeye.com/?cat=599 <-- This link will also lead you to an interview w/ Ryan Macklin and Lenny Balsera from earlier in the year. We're working on getting schedules aligned for an interview with Jim Butcher and Fred Hicks, we'll keep ya posted!

Offline The Dread Polack

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: DFRPG Reviewed on The Walking Eye Podcast
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 03:44:34 AM »
I've listened to all the podcasts, and enjoyed them quite a bit. In fact, I listened to a few other Actual Play podcasts of DFRPG, and yours was my favorite :)

A monkey wrench got tossed into may campaign (someone had a baby, someone got a 2nd shift job), so until it gets going again, I decided to listen to some other people's games and see how it worked out for them. Sort of gaming vicariously through them.

I recommend it to everyone. It will give you a chance to experience what works, and learn from their mistakes (there were a few) so you don't have to on your own :)

Offline TheWalkingEye

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 06:08:25 PM »
Thanks! Glad it was a help, and I feel you on the monkey wrench problem. We had all kinds of problems getting these episodes recorded. Real Life can be a pain in the arse sometimes.

Offline The Dread Polack

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 03:03:18 AM »
By the way- which one are you?  ;D

Offline TheWalkingEye

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 03:34:10 PM »
Kevin. Jen and I are the only ones with a real 'net presence. The rest of our hosts are Luddites. :)