Author Topic: ambidexterity (shooting)  (Read 1646 times)

Offline ralexs1991

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
ambidexterity (shooting)
« on: October 20, 2010, 04:11:04 AM »
one of the characters in my game wanted to use use his two guns to shoot at two different targets at the same time i wasn't sure what the books said about this so i gave him a -2 penalty for added difficulty and made him role for the shoots seperatly I have no idea if I did this correctly or not does anyone know how to do this/ the page # for where the go over it
Oh, hi, Mr. Warden!  How are you this fine day?  My, what a shiny sword you have there...

Offline MijRai

• Posty McPostington
  • "For my next trick, anvils."
    • View Profile
Re: ambidexterity (shooting)
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 04:24:58 AM »
I honestly don't know. For me, I might require a Stunt, but I don't know.
Don't make me drop a turkey on you...

DV MijRai v1.2 YR 1 FR 1 BK+++ JB+ TH++ !WG CL SW BC+ RP++++ MC+++ SHMolly++;Murphy+

Offline sinker

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 04:36:10 AM »
You could always treat it like splitting a spell between targets (Page YS251), but I would have him take a stunt for it.

Offline crusher_bob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 05:31:50 AM »
The rules you want are probably 'spray attacks' (YS 326).  Normally, only certain weapons can make spray attacks, but you can take stunts (for example, Wall ' o Death (YS 156)) so that you can make spray attacks with things that you normally can't make spray attacks with.  If being used with guns, and stunt that let you make spray attacks with any gun should probably provide a small extra benefit, since plenty of guns get the ability to make spray attacks automatically.

Something Like:
Stunt: Two Fisted Gun Fighter
When you are holding a gun in each hand, you can may spray attacks with any type of firearm.  In addition, you are ambidextrous can can do party tricks like write equally well with either hand.

Offline ralexs1991

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 01:19:35 PM »
i like that bit about the party tricks  ;D
Oh, hi, Mr. Warden!  How are you this fine day?  My, what a shiny sword you have there...

Offline TheMouse

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 04:58:23 PM »
The rules you want are probably 'spray attacks' (YS 326).  Normally, only certain weapons can make spray attacks, but you can take stunts (for example, Wall ' o Death (YS 156)) so that you can make spray attacks with things that you normally can't make spray attacks with.  If being used with guns, and stunt that let you make spray attacks with any gun should probably provide a small extra benefit, since plenty of guns get the ability to make spray attacks automatically.

Something Like:
Stunt: Two Fisted Gun Fighter
When you are holding a gun in each hand, you can may spray attacks with any type of firearm.  In addition, you are ambidextrous can can do party tricks like write equally well with either hand.

This is pretty much perfect. Good show.