Author Topic: Heinrich Kemmler (mental excercise on making stats for him)  (Read 2456 times)

Offline Belial666

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Heinrich Kemmler (mental excercise on making stats for him)
« on: October 02, 2010, 01:46:33 PM »
HEINRICH KEMMLER

High Concept: Greatest Necromancer Ever Trouble: Terminal God Complex
Other Aspects: Awesomeness Can Be Taught, Dark Lord Of The Dead, Death Is Only The Beginning, Political Wizard, The Laws Exist Only In Your Feeble Minds
Refresh: higher than you  (-51, 450 pts as Warhammer figurine)

SKILLS

+8 Discipline, Conviction
+7 Lore, Presence, Endurance
+6 Intimidate, Contacts, Scholarship
+5 Deceit, Rapport, Resources
+4 Weapons, Empathy, Alertness
+3 Craftmanship, Performance, Might
+2 Riding, Fists, Athletics
+1 Survival, Stealth, Burglary

POWERS

[-3] Evocation
[-3] Thaumaturgy
[-1] Wizard - The Sight/Soulgaze/Wizard's Constitution
[-2] Kemmlerian Necromancy
[-27] Refinement x27
[-6] Lawbreaker: 1st/4th/5th, x2
[-3] Physical Immunity: Unkillable  -  Kemmler is immune to any attack that would kill him. He may either keep going or appear to die only to come back later. The catch is that he is only immune to death; he still takes stress and consequences normally and a nonlethal attack would take him out just fine - but see below.
[-1] Mind Over Body  -  Kemmler's own will fuels his existence. As long as his will is intact, his body endures, fueled by his belief in his own immortality. He uses Conviction as a defence vs physical and mental attacks and maneuers.
[+0] Human Guise
[-6] Mythic Recovery  -  Kemmler does not need to sleep or eat and his Necromancy-fueled body can recover from most wounds.
[+2] Catch: Holy Powers and True Faith
[-1] Senses: Lord of the Dead  -  Kemmler can see and hear out of the eyes and ears of any undead being he has personally created. This is a supernatural sense.

SPECIALIZATIONS AND ITEMS

Evocation: +6 spirit power, +5 spirit control, +4 earth power, +3 earth control, +2 air power, +1 air control (may use necromancy control if spell incorporates death and/or necromanctic/psychomantic spells as evocation)
Thaumaturgy: +6 necromancy control, +5 necromancy complexity, +4 diabolism complexity, +3 divination complexity, +2 transportation/worldwalking control, +1 focus specialization.
Dark One's Rainment: a suit of armor covered in dark magic runes concealed by a black cloak and strengthened by its own enchantments (armor 3) that acts as a powerful focus for necromancy (+7 necromancy control)
The Helm of Terror: a rune-adorned thick cowl with a faceplate carved out of bone that, when drawn down, conceals Kemmler's face behind the image of a human skull. Acts as a powerful focus for destructive spirit magic (+7 offensive spirit power)
Bracelet of Warding: the weakest of Kemmler's foci but still a powerful item, this skull-adorned silver bracelet acts as a +4 defensive spirit power focus.

ROTES

Vengeful Gaze of Kemmler Using the power the magic he created, Kemmler throws an immense amount of life-erasing energy at the victim. Weapon 26 at Control 26; you die with no save.
Plague Wind Spreading necromantic energies over a large area, Kemmler could sicken and kill people in a large stadium, major building or small army. Weapon 6 over 10 zones at Control 26.
Mass Momento Mori This spell infuses all living beings in an area with deadly necromantic power, killing them then animating them and binding them at Kemmler's will. Sadly, it only creates relatively weak zombie types. Weapon 6 at Control 26 plus 5 shifts of raising and 5 shifts of binding at all creatures in 5 zones.
Mass Energy Drain This spell fuels necromantic energies to its victims, paralyzing and finally killing them over time as its energy leeches their life-force. 11 shift block (adjudicated as grapple) for 10 exchanges over 3 zones.
Raise Graveyard This spell is a quick "army-raising" spell; at the cost of quality, it raises all the dead in a fairly large area -such as a graveyard or mass grave- as relatively weak zombies. 5 shifts of raising and 5 shifts of binding at all corpses and remains in 8 zones.
Shield of Death This is a rare defensive necromancy spell; using Kemmlerian necromancy, you forge a link between the caster and a bound, mindless or willing victim. For as long as this thaumaturgy lasts, the caster is protected by a 23-shift block (unlike true Wards, it does not strike back or allow special features). Instead of blocking the attacks though, the "block" merely transfers them to the victim. The spell ends at dawn (unless extended with extra shifts) or when the victim dies/is destroyed. Kemmler used his zombies as surrogates cause he had lots of them but a living victim can take a lot more consequences than a weak zombie and has the added benefit that you find a use for potential prisoners and, if you choose correctly, your surrogate may have recovery powers.
Circle of Opening The Door of Night The wielder opens the Door of Night and calls up large amounts of necromantic power, infusing himself and a circle around him with that power that can be then tapped to fuel horribly life-violating magic. Apply 6 aspects on a scene or willing target that can be tagged for offensive necromantic purposes. You still need to flavorfully describe said aspects or your GM might wack your head with a 10-lb abridged copy of the Necronomicon.

KEMMLER AS A WARHAMMER MINIATURE
http://kurt.helborg.free.fr/warhammer/comtes_vampires/personnages_speciaux/heinrich_kemmler.php
(sorry for the french but I didn't have time to find the english equivalent)

Tbora

Re: Heinrich Kemmler (mental excercise on making stats for him)
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 10:20:15 PM »
That is one badass NPC, I can see why he is/was so feared.

Offline deathwombat

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 02:16:25 AM »
I am scared
Very scared
I must have missed it  how many refresh is he?  -50?
Bad typists untie!!!!

Tbora

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 02:44:25 AM »
51 refresh cost

Offline Belial666

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 11:08:09 AM »
Well, he was still a human wizard (for certain definitions of human) but it still took the entire council to finally defeat him; senior council, wardens, conscripts, allies and whoever they could buy, borrow or steal.

I put him at 10 refresh over the more appropriate builds for the current Merlin and I focused his abilities so that he has a narrower set of abilities but within them he has twice the power and twice the control of the merlin... or anybody else (so his spells are effectively four times as powerful). He also has superb to fantastic political skills,which are appropriate seeing as he was responsible for bringing about at least one world war.

Offline catsgomoo

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 10:36:05 PM »
This is actually pretty awesome, I was going to run a campaign for the taking down of Kemmler during WW2 and this take most of the statting work out of it
"Oh no, not again." Bowl of petunias

Offline Malivotti

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2010, 01:36:01 AM »
OK I read the stats given for Kemmler, and yes he is terrifying just by himself. Now remember what Bob said about him, that he had his own allies, masses of zombies, wicked fae, other warlocks and other things working for him.

And that Kremmler, as power hungry, evil, twisted and insane even he didn't break the 7th law because that was going too far even for him...

BTW Belial666 very nice work.

Offline JustinS

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2010, 02:20:39 AM »
Given it was the wizards collectively who took him down, I'd think his catch was something else.

I could see him having the soul in a cage effect, where you need to find his soul/heart to kill him, or just having the recovery, and every morning doing a quick complexity 12 ritual for the hanging aspects of "Unkillable", "No, really, unkillable!", and "What part of unkillable do you not understand?"

Offline zerogain

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Dresden Files: Seattle
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2010, 05:20:15 AM »
@Belial666 that collection of aspects, high concept and trouble is just a plate of refined awesome.

If there's a way to work in a vulnerability to holy magic and true faith without it being his catch I would suggest that.  It's too common and too easy, basically too obvious.  I like the gist of the warhammer idea, and suggest that perhaps his form of "unkillability" might be some type of serial reincarnation, or perhaps at this point Kemmler is more of a dark spirit than a living being (like the Corpsetaker) and when his body is blasted to oblivion the dark energy that sustains him allows his essence to discorporate for a time, until it can find another suitable vessel, chiefly a wizard or sorcerer of substantial power.

Offline Archmage_Cowl

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2010, 07:36:29 PM »
This is pretty epic. Color me very impressed. Great work ;D
"I who stand in the full light of the heavens, command thee, who opens the gates to hell. Come forth Divine Lightning! This ends now! Indignation!" Jade Curtis Tales of the abyss