Author Topic: DFRPG The Musical  (Read 8018 times)

Offline wizchick12

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: DFRPG The Musical
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2010, 02:05:36 AM »
It may sound odd, but when I hear "Father Figure" by George Michael, I think of Harry and Molly. I know she has a father, but since he isn't a wizard, he doesn't really have the capacity to aide in her training. Harry, to her, is an older authority figure, whom she is obviously smitten with, and there is just loads of sexual tension there. Love it.   ;D

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2010, 02:49:26 AM »
Here's the musical treatment for the Hero de Burgh

High Concept: Crusader

Trouble: It's Such a Long Way Home (once you begin the good fight it's hard to leave it)

Other Aspects:
The Girl With April in Her Eyes (his first love)

Old-Fashioned People (The ones who taught him and set his feet on the path to greatness)

Something Else Again (he's learned that things are never what they seem)

I Had the Love in My Eyes (he is sometimes blinded by the feelings he has for his current love)

You and Me (the ultimate buddy team up)

Just in Time (when it was the darkest he came through - just in the nick of time).

Name of his first story: The Devil's Eye!

All songs from the same artist and album - it's a good album from a great artist.

Richard

Offline Kaldra

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2010, 10:01:57 AM »
all from Nine Inch Nails, all from One album: Year Zero

High Concept: "The Good Soldier" ill fight this war, just as they trained me to do...
Trouble: "Me i'm Not"  you cant really sell your soul... can you?
Where do you come from: "My Violent Heart" "There are bullet holes where my compassion used to be, and there is violence in my heart"
What shaped you: "The Warning" the council gave me one warning. and thats all i will give any one else.
What was your fist adventure: "The Greater Good" they tell me it is all for the greater good, but how can i kill them all?
Guest Staring: "Vessel" They say i am a vessel of hope, of power but really " I let you take me from within "
redux: "The Great Destroyer" "I Hope they cannot see. the limitless potential living inside of me, to murder everyone"

When i was growing up i liked to make things and like all kids i thought swords and kifes were cool. my father helped me make my first knife right after my tenth birthday, it was the sharpest knife my dad had ever seen or so he said. that knife would cut through near anything and it would every once in a while make a nice dent in trees when i wanted to show off.
One day while walking home from school me and a friend saw some guy trying to fix his bike down between two houses. we went over to help him out, he only needed to put his chain back on. when me and my friend got closer he pulled a gun on us, my friend tried to run. all i heard one one shot. the next thing i know the police are there and asking me if i am allright. i wouldn't let go of my friends body. they asked me later what happened to the man that shot my friend, they said his entire chest had been shoved in, like it had been crushed by a rock. all i could remember was stabbing him once in the chest.
A man in a grey cloak stopped by later that week, he asked to see my knife. when i gave it to him and told him how right it felt stabbing that man. he got really quite, like he didnt know what to say. he took me away that night, and i ended up meeting the council, turns out killing a man with a magic knife doesnt break the first law... but it comes really close.
i spent the next 10 years becoming a warden, apparently there was a war going on. all of the stuff they had me doing, i couldn't take it, i wasn't strong enough to be what they wanted. then i was offered some help. you cant really sell your soul ya know. its not real. but that man gave me an old nickel for it. that man said it was made from real silver. i dont know how or why but that coin helped, i was strong enough now, i could finally help out for the greater good.
My teachers said we were like vessels the first day they met us, empty and waiting to be filled. if only they knew what would fill me up. well its time to fight the war. i just hope they cannot see the limitless potential living inside of me to murder everyone.

Offline Lanodantheon

• Conversationalist
  • A Wizard is as a Wizard does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2010, 05:34:49 PM »
Alright, here's stats for Operative A and Sir Oswell. Both are chest deep starting characters. Since aspects are already up, all I've done is choose skills, stunts, and powers.

I approve.  :)

I felt silly during my break time listening to OverClocked Remixes so here's a guy inspired by The Secret of Mana Soundtrack and again, the aspects just sounded cool.

HC: The Little Sprite

Trouble: Fear of The Heavens

Phase I(Where did you come from?):  Fond Memories

Phase II(What Shaped You?): Into The Thick of It

Phase III(Your First Adventure): Steel and Snare

Phase IV(Who's Path Have you Crossed?): The Dark Star

Phase V(Who Else's Path Have You Crossed?): The Second Truth From The Left

There are so many cool sounding tracks, I may just do more of them.
www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/the-emerald-city  (Nov 2012 Campaign of The Month)

fate-accelerated-star-wars-the-infinite-empire.obsidianportal.com/
(June 2016 Campaign of The Month)

My name is Lanodantheon Thul, Conjure that by your own risk....But first, you have be able to spell it...

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2010, 08:55:06 PM »
Thank you for your approval. I hate to ask you this again, but what kind of character do you have in mind for those aspects?

Anyway, if there's going to be a game using these characters we'll need a bit more variety. Operative A and Sir Oswell cover combat pretty well and odd jobs decently, but the group still needs a social expert and a magical practitioner. I think that stats for William Joel and Albia Tullius should solve that. Stormraven's character can pick up any odd jobs that Operative A missed.

I'll probably stat up William Joel and Albia Tullius sometime this week.

Offline Lanodantheon

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2010, 05:40:13 PM »
Thank you for your approval. I hate to ask you this again, but what kind of character do you have in mind for those aspects?

I'm not sure what kind of character I had in mind with this.

Here's an attempt at a cohesive story:

HC: The Little Sprite

The Little Sprite is....a Sprite, a faerie about the size of a 10-year old human child (my best estimate of the SoM Sprite's size) He's a type of Wyld Fae who's been given a degree of free will. He doesn't have a name currently, but he'd get one in the First Adventure collaboration phase if actually run. 

Basically, the Sprite kid from Secret of Mana.

Trouble: Fear of The Heavens

It's not paranoia unless there are superpowerful things trying to kill you. "Heavens" in this case is more figurative. If the the Little Sprite lived in the underground or still does, the Heavens could mean the surface world.  Actually, I'm going to run with that.

Phase I(Where did you come from?):  Fond Memories

Ah.. the past. Life was good. Mum was nice to me. Dad taught me to be brave. THe surface was this unknown thing that was scary and wondrous simultaneously.

Phase II(What Shaped You?): Into The Thick of It

...Then the damn sewer was flushed out. I was forced out of my home, which is now lost. I am alone and in the middle of...everything. But, if I must fight, I must fight.

Phase III(Your First Adventure): Steel and Snare

The Sprite is particularly skilled at traps. Some of them are quite unorthodox, especially for faeries since his parents had the unpopular tradition of using the bane, hence the name of the aspect.

Phase IV(Who's Path Have you Crossed?): The Dark Star

Mum and Dad gave the Sprite on thing to hold onto and to promise never to let it fall into mortal hands, The Dark Star. It looks like a spherical piece of metal, but possesses powers beyond mortal control. Obviously an IoP of some kind and can be used to justify almost any collection of powers.

Phase V(Who Else's Path Have You Crossed?): The Second Truth From The Left

The Sprite can do sleight of hand and Silver Tongue stuff like it's going of style. And that's without his Glamours.

I shall follow this up with some Chrono Trigger.
www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/the-emerald-city  (Nov 2012 Campaign of The Month)

My name is Lanodantheon Thul, Conjure that by your own risk....But first, you have be able to spell it...

Offline Lanodantheon

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2010, 08:14:49 PM »
Here's an attempt at a Hard-Core Spellcaster. Courtesy of Chrono Trigger. I decided to use none of the Time Travel related songs because that overlaps with Operative A:

HC: Jolly Ol' Spekkio

First you have to ask yourself, what kind of a character has his Name is his High Concept? My money is on Jolly Ol' Spekkio.

He has free will(otherwise he wouldn't be a PC), but he hasn't said whether he is human or not. What is known is that he is a Magister for Hire. He particualrly likes to teach burgeoning Wizards how to use magic....for a price.

Trouble: Mystery from the Past OR  The Hidden Truth

Spekkio's past is a mystery to everyone except him. Particuluarly where his magic comes from and how he got it. This problem keeps biting him in the ass.

Phase I(Where did you come from?): Rhythm of Earth, Wind, and Sky

Spekkio's magical talents relate to the elements in their most primal forms. Also reflected in his personality, which....goes with the flow.

Phase II(What Shaped You?): To My Dear Friends

Spekkio likes to be around his friends. In fact it was his friends that made him become a Mage for hire and a teacher.

Phase III(Your First Adventure): Huh!?

Spekkio has a knack for...awkward moments. Both being involved in them and causing them. Either way, someone is left going, "Huh!?"

Phase IV(Who's Path Have you Crossed?):Yearnings of the Wind  OR Strange Occurances

His primal control of the elements and his other magics has greater side effects than normal. This strange Mage seems to attract weird things.

Phase V(Who Else's Path Have You Crossed?):Battle 

Spekkio is a Combat Mage.When battle is joined, there you find him...(Which would be a cool aspect name on its own. I'll have to save that one.)

Offline adgramaine

• Conversationalist
  • Me n' Harry, we got a few things in common!
    • View Profile
    • Haphazard Projects Forum
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2010, 08:33:34 PM »
This one was too easy; 80's hair rock tends to lend itself well. I may have to try another one....

Character - the White Lion (were-lion)
High Concept: Fight to Survive
Trouble: Cry for Freedom

Where Did You Come From?
El Salvador

What Shaped You?
Lonely Nights

Your First Adventure...?
Evil Angels

Who's Path Have You Crossed?
Little Fighter

Who Else's Path Have You Crossed?
When the Children Cry
Faith is seeing the light when all about is dark.

It's a Living!

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2010, 08:46:10 PM »
Those characters look good, but I think I'll stick with William Joel and Albia Tullius as magical and social support. Spekkio seems like a submerged character, and I'm not sure how to stat a were-lion. The sprite also looks interesting, but I'm not sure how to stat him.

Offline adgramaine

• Conversationalist
  • Me n' Harry, we got a few things in common!
    • View Profile
    • Haphazard Projects Forum
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2010, 09:09:56 PM »
I would do the were-lion just like a werewolf, maybe increasing his speed and making sure his bite and claws would do more damage. He'd definitely have Pack Mentality, too.
Faith is seeing the light when all about is dark.

It's a Living!

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2010, 08:34:53 PM »
Here's Albia Tullius. William Joel coming soon.

Albia Tullius

Skills:
Great: Deceit, Rapport
Good: Empathy, Presence, Scholarship
Fair: Contacts, Resources, Intimidation, Performance
Average: Alertness, Lore, Burglary, Investigation, Conviction

Stunts: [-3]
Professional Gambler: Flip a coin whenever you roll resources. Add 2 on a heads.
Gamer: +1 to all skills used to play games.
Impenetrable Bluff: +2 to deceit when using it to bluff.

Powers: [-2]
Marked By Power [-1]
Gambler (You may make magical bets. Propose terms to the GM, and pay a fate point if he accepts. If you win, you get 2 fate points). [Custom Power, -1]

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2010, 09:00:04 PM »
Here's William Joel. With him, we have a fairly complete group of Chest Deep characters. You could run a game with them, although you'd need to find a city for them to play in and a reason for them to associate with one another.

William Joel

Skills:
Superb: Lore, Conviction
Great: Discipline, Craftsmanship
Good: Driving, Endurance
Fair: Athletics, Investigation,
Average: Intimidation, Presence

Stunts: [-1]
Car Mechanic: +2 to work on cars/trucks, +1 to work on other vehicles.

Powers: [-6]
The Sight [-1]
Channeling (Electricity) [-2]
Thaumaturgy [-3] (+1 crafting power)

Offline Jaxom Faux

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2010, 07:46:43 PM »
wow. i can't resist to throw in my favorite band.  these could cover anything from a gangbanger npc to a hitman.

HC - killboy powerhead
T - bad habit
come out and play
mota
meaning of life
i'm not a trendy a$$hole
genocide
gone away
demons
hypodermic
kick him when he's down
self esteem
the kids aren't alright
smash
pay the man
no brakes
ixnay on the hombre
gotta get away

.... just to name a few options :P

Offline MyNinjaH8sU

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2010, 09:05:05 PM »
Here you go, thought I would join in! All the same Album too, heh.

Robby the Reluctant Redcap

Template -  Changeling

High Concept -  Nowhere Man (A drifter with no home, and thus at home wherever he needs to be, blending in wherever.)

Trouble -  Michelle (picked up a baby left in a dumpster, raising her like his own. He has to protect her, and she also serves as his conscious, keeping his murderous side in check)

Where Did You Come From? - Norwegian Wood (His earliest memory is walking through a great old Scandinavian forest as a toddler, and feeling strangely at home. Ever since then he has always been more comfortable in a natural setting, and tends to hang out in large parks or quiet woods. He is an expert woodsman and trapper as well, excelling in the hunt)

What Shaped You? - You Won't See Me (Robby realized that with a little concentration, people just look right over him. He didn't realize he was using Glamours, but it certainly made it a lot easier to survive on the road or in the nasty parts of cities. He's gotten to the point where he is so used to being overlooked that he almost is surprised when someone pays attention to him.)

Your First Adventure - Run For Your Life (When a child predator kidnapped Michelle and drove off, Robby realized that no matter how far they went or how fast they ran, they couldn't escape him. Or the knife he suddenly felt so comfortable with. When he picks his prey, they are never going to get away from him.)

Who's Path have You Crossed? - Think For Yourself (When Robby found himself tempted by the power of Winter, it was only the steady, calming words of The Summer Knight, Fix, that convinced him that his destiny was his own to choose. He isn't ready to become a mortal, but his path is his own)

Who Else's Path Have You Crossed? - I'm Looking Through You (Robby lost a vicious bet, not knowing that he was being duped by a coyote spirit in human form. While working off his debt, he learned how to tell truth from lies. Now it takes a hell of a lot to fool him, but he has the unnerving tendency to ignore courtesy and simply respond to people's intentions, rather than what they said to him.)