Author Topic: NaNoWriMo 2010  (Read 27759 times)

Offline Ink Slinger

• Posty McPostington
  • Angst Muffin~plot bunny breeder
    • View Profile
Re: NaNoWriMo 2010
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2010, 12:40:05 PM »
Mostly I'm happy to get the count I have around two jobs, rehearsals, taking grandpa to doc appointments and a hubby. ;) 

And I did spend October planning and writing character sketches.

Offline LizW65

• Posty McPostington
  • Better Red than dead...
    • View Profile
    • elizabethkwadsworth.com
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2010, 01:51:35 PM »
8100 last night.
My MC started out naked on a twelfth-story ledge of a hotel in an ice storm.  I'm really having fun so far.  And this just showed up in my mailbox and is totally cool:  ;D

ANOTHER REASON TO FINISH YOUR NANOWRIMO BOOK -- A FREE COPY.

A few people asked if NaNoWriMo would be arranging for you to get a bound copy of your NaNoWriMo novel this year.  The answer is...YES!

The Office of Letters and Light has collaborated with a company called "Create Space."  Once you've "won" your NaNoWiMo goal, you can go to Create Space's website, upload your book, enter a title and choose a cover, and they will send you a free bound copy of your book.  The finished product looks like a real "trade" paperback (and will make a really awesome Christmas present for your mother).

Someone asked if this counted as a "first printing" of a book.  This person intends to submit their book to be published by a royalty-paying publisher, and wanted to make sure that, by ordering a copy, she was not violating the publisher's rule that the submitted book is new, unpublished work.  The answer is, no, until you are issued an "ISBN," the number that indicates your book has a copyright, this is considered a proof copy only. 

So, what the heck!  Get a copy, and you can show it to your friends and say: "You know what I did in November? I WROTE A BOOK.  What about you?"

On the other hand, once you've set your free Create Space account, you'll have the option of selling copies of your book through an assortment of channels, including Amazon! 

I'll send information about how you can sign up for this fun program closer to the end of the month.  In the meantime...

WRITE!  WRITE! WRITE!

"Make good art." -Neil Gaiman
"Or failing that, entertaining trash." -Me
http://www.elizabethkwadsworth.com

Offline Enjorous

• Seriously?
  • Prince of the Gutter since 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2010, 02:52:37 PM »
little over 12k currently, and I know I won't really be able to write this weekend or next so I have to pad my word count while I can.
Kentucky Fried Shuriken - Finger Lickin' Death.
Quote from: horsehearted
Nah, women are just batshit crazy ALL the time!  :D
87.1% Dresden Pure rank: Nicodemus

Offline Kali

• Posty McPostington
  • Redhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2010, 03:07:39 PM »
I plan to get started today!  I'm behind, but I don't think I'll have much of a problem catching up.  For now, I'm busy running around everywhere with my sister, but this afternoon is set aside for Borders and laptop time.  The beginning's all plotted out so that'll make for some fast writing.
We don't get just one life.  We get as many as we can cram into one lifetime.

Visit my page! JessaLynch.com

Offline KevinEvans

• Conversationalist
  • The Butterfly did it, Alt History
    • View Profile
    • My personal Author page
« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2010, 03:57:19 AM »

It has been a real struggle. My MC is undergoing basic training, that dredges up memories I thought long lost...

Regards,
Kevin
Are Tech articles written for a nonexistent town in an alternate universe, Fiction?

Offline Ink Slinger

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2010, 01:52:00 PM »
Kevin- hopefully you can use some of the emotion to give a 'realness' to your character and how they experience the situation.   

All-woohoo!  You rock!  Keep it up! 

Offline Jaeh

• Posty McPostington
  • Lol AWOL
    • View Profile
    • Everything's Platonic
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2010, 03:25:40 PM »
fourth day, 13500+ words! woot!

on a side note, I was trying to get in some more words earlier. I was really sleepy, so I was just tapping and tapping and tapping until I fell asleep. after a while, I woke up, and looked at what I typed.

"This is our new management system. If anyone doesn't answer, at least we have r5, r5, and boba fett on our side because of the insessment."

I'm writing a mystery story set on fictional earth, fictional reality, fictional philippines. Someone please tell me what this means?!?!?!
DV Jaeh v1.0 YR0.83 FR0.75 BK+ JB TH++ WG+++ CL++ SW BC- ?MC RP FF++- SH[Murphy+++++ Molly-]
I'm a classic narcissist - there's just nothing to be narcissistic about.

Offline Thrythlind

• Conversationalist
  • Wile E. Coyote. Suuuuper Genius
    • View Profile
    • Luke Green's Storefront
« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2010, 07:24:12 PM »
Not officially doing NaNo, but using it to force myself to take account for my various writing projects:

Day 1 - 5.3k words on fanfiction aimed at drawing readership to website
Day 2 - 5.4k words on two author-notes files for Bystander, one on metaphysics of certain class of beings, other on limits and abilities of Lucretia herself, needed to be done
Day 3 - almost nothing done, aimed at Greenwater, erased most of it
Day 4 - 3.7k written on Greenwater, enough for one chapter, thinking of stretching some parts to make it into two chapters, however.
Day 5 - not started yet (my writing time is 12am to 5am)
Thrythlind Stories and Games: http://Http://thryth.webs.com
Original Fiction: Bystander, Greenwater, Zodiacs, Choice and Consequences
Fan Fiction: Chi and Chakra, Divine Blood, others
Games: The Unnamed System, Lycan Life
Fan Art
Blog on Writing Technique and occasional rants

Offline LizW65

• Posty McPostington
  • Better Red than dead...
    • View Profile
    • elizabethkwadsworth.com
« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2010, 08:00:42 PM »
Passed the 10K mark last night!  If I keep up this pace, I'll finish before Thanksgiving and have some time left to edit! ;D
"Make good art." -Neil Gaiman
"Or failing that, entertaining trash." -Me
http://www.elizabethkwadsworth.com

Offline Starbeam

• Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @stellamortis
    • View Profile
    • Stella Mortis
« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2010, 08:06:19 PM »
fourth day, 13500+ words! woot!

on a side note, I was trying to get in some more words earlier. I was really sleepy, so I was just tapping and tapping and tapping until I fell asleep. after a while, I woke up, and looked at what I typed.

"This is our new management system. If anyone doesn't answer, at least we have r5, r5, and boba fett on our side because of the insessment."

I'm writing a mystery story set on fictional earth, fictional reality, fictional philippines. Someone please tell me what this means?!?!?!
Writing while asleep/zoned out is always fun to see what you end up writing.  I used to do that, though it hasn't happened in a while.  :D
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." Ray Bradbury

Offline Ink Slinger

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2010, 01:08:08 AM »
I'm not done writing for the night but I broke 11K.  At this pace the website says I can finish before 11/23.  This is good.  Hubby has a birthday at the end of the month.

Another personal victory today:  wrote a fight scene.  A whole one.  All by myself :)  Feels good even though it's awkward and I will hate it next month, it's there.  It also means I have more confidence for the BIG fight to come.  woohoo!

Offline KevinEvans

• Conversationalist
  • The Butterfly did it, Alt History
    • View Profile
    • My personal Author page
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2010, 05:10:16 AM »
We are doing Okay, my wife is also NaNoing, and we have a goal of finishing early due to LosCon in LA at the end of the month. So I really need to get in to the 2500-3000 range per day....

At least this year it looks like there is enough plot outline to keep the writing going with out a pause to plot along the way.

Regards,
Kevin
Are Tech articles written for a nonexistent town in an alternate universe, Fiction?

Offline Kali

• Posty McPostington
  • Redhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2010, 09:24:33 PM »
At my first write-in in the new city, sitting across from Inkslinger.  Hi, Inky!
We don't get just one life.  We get as many as we can cram into one lifetime.

Visit my page! JessaLynch.com

Offline Ink Slinger

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2010, 10:55:03 PM »
Hi Kali! :D

Also at my first write in, but I've lived here for my whole life (minus the 3 years we shall call the dark period in Savannah)

Offline jeno

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2010, 12:07:15 AM »
I am officially taking a break today. But considering I've written 30k+ so far, I think I can let it slide this time.  :P
You think you know how this story is going to end, but you don't. -Christopher Moore

The kraken stirs. And ten billion sushi dinners cry out for vengeance. -Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman