Author Topic: Richelle Mead's Work! (Board Member goes pro)  (Read 51708 times)

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
Re: Richelle Mead's Work! (Board Member goes pro)
« Reply #165 on: October 03, 2008, 02:37:38 PM »
On the 30th I visited local Borders and their computer was saying Succabus Dreams was 'not yet published'. I checked the trade paperback section between sci fi and romance and found them.  So I'm reading now  :D
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

MatthewD44

« Reply #166 on: October 03, 2008, 09:10:27 PM »
I was about to say I know that it is out...

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 22, 2008, 03:52:53 PM »
Like Succabus Dreams.  Someone was griping about the suspense peak, didn't bother me.  I see these as a fresh outlook on paranormal whatever--I'm interested in the characters and she has a lot of good ones to enjoy, that means you end up with a lot of lose ends to tie up.  Didn't bother me in the least. :-)
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 12, 2008, 10:14:56 PM »
Finished Succubus Dreams last night.  I thought it was well written, interesting plot, etc.  But I have to admit, I do not like where it ended up.

(click to show/hide)

MatthewD44

« Reply #169 on: November 12, 2008, 10:54:38 PM »
I was kinda like you were after I read it BL but at the same time, I can see where the guy was coming from after he did that.. I am really wondering what is going to be happening in the next one for sure... I did here that Richelle did finish the Heat and it is on its way to the editor...

Offline Matrix Refugee (formerly Morraeon)

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 12, 2008, 11:14:54 PM »
Reading Succubus Dreams as of now, and picking up Shadow Kissed tomorrow. I've been dilligently trying to spread the word about Vampire Academy, in the hopes that one day it gets the same rave reviews as a certain badly written vampire teen series. Every bookstore I go into, I routinely move copies of Vampire Academy and Frostbite in front of *those* books, and I've been reccommending it high and low.

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 13, 2008, 03:46:04 PM »
I was kinda like you were after I read it BL but at the same time, I can see where the guy was coming from after he did that.. I am really wondering what is going to be happening in the next one for sure... I did here that Richelle did finish the Heat and it is on its way to the editor...
I can definitely see where he was coming from, and there were enough issues leading up to it.  (spoilered because it gives away the character)
(click to show/hide)

I noticed that Heat is set to come out next summer, versus next fall, so at least we don't have quite so long to wait to see how the story unfolds.

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 13, 2008, 05:57:59 PM »
I guess I have a different take on the Seth angle. 
(click to show/hide)

Offline Starbeam

• Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @stellamortis
    • View Profile
    • Stella Mortis
« Reply #173 on: November 13, 2008, 06:41:52 PM »
I guess I have a different take on the Seth angle. 
(click to show/hide)

The way I read it was
(click to show/hide)
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." Ray Bradbury

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 13, 2008, 07:38:20 PM »
And Carter seems to be like a guardian angel for Georgina.[/spoiler]

agree on Carter.  I still think it's more complex than that, but only time and Richelle will tell us  :-)

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 15, 2008, 05:12:16 PM »
Finished reading Succubus Dreams: I like where this is going, even though one part in particular broke my heart, but I admire Richelle for not sparing her characters the hard knocks that life often throws at you. It's a sign of being a good writer if you let your heroes get hurt.

I've got a love-hate thing for Dante: he's anNOYing, but he somehow reminds me of an odd cross between Harry Dresden and John Constantine.

Funny story about Shadow Kiss and trying to get a copy: I normally buy my books at the Borders in Burlington, since  I'm on the Borders Rewards program -- nothing beats finding a way to get your book-buying addiction to pay for itself once in a while. So I'd gone there to get it, only to find they'd already sold it out! I think I may be to blame for this, since every time I am in there (or in any bookstore, for that matter), I routinely put copies of the Vampire Academy books in front of the darn Twilight books -- they're usually right next to each other anyway -- in an effort to spread the word on a much better-written teen vampire series. I finally did manage to score a copy at the Barnes & Noble in Downtown Lowell, and am now reading it...

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 11, 2009, 06:30:18 PM »
Congrats to Richelle!   I just read my new subscription to Publisher's whatever.. and they reported that Richelle's got books off to Korea!  So the Vampire Academy (which I still have not read) spreads across the world.  Congrats!

Offline THETA

• Conversationalist
  • Insert evil laugh now
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #177 on: April 06, 2009, 11:54:40 PM »
Jerome's my favorite character ever.  I'm looking forward to see what all the hullabaloo is about with him in the next novel.
The words on the mysterious door read:
"Fancy hearing cake."

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 20, 2009, 01:08:11 PM »
More congrats to Richelle.  This was in my e-mail this morning from Publisher's Marketplace:

"NYT bestselling author Richelle Mead's next two novels in the Eugenie Markham/Dark Swan Urban Fantasy series, to John Scognamiglio at Kensington, by Jim McCarthy at Dystel & Goderich Literary Management."

Good news for Richelle and for Kensington!

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 18, 2009, 07:04:00 AM »
Just finished "Storm Born", the first of the Dark Swan series (and I am so gonna be dragging myself at work tomorrow, since I stayed up this late to finish it), and I have to say, *THIS* is how Laurell K. Hamiliton's Merry Gentry series should have been done! It's got all the elements (heir to a faery king who's obliged to produce an heir, magical power-ups), but with 90 percent less pr0n (not to say that the love scenes aren't hot-hot-*HOT*, they just don't take up 90 percent of the book).