Author Topic: Richelle Mead's Work! (Board Member goes pro)  (Read 53310 times)

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
Re: Succubus Blues
« Reply #120 on: February 29, 2008, 02:21:30 AM »
My library finally got Succubus on Top.  I must not have been the only one who requested it, though, because I'm third on the hold list.  Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 29, 2008, 02:29:16 AM »
it was great.  you'll enjoy.  sorry you have to wait...  ;D
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 29, 2008, 02:35:08 AM »
*drumming fingers impatiently*   >:(

Offline THETA

• Conversationalist
  • Insert evil laugh now
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #123 on: March 01, 2008, 02:10:45 AM »
Great book.  It definately satisfied my sexual frustration at not having any kind of romantic attachment right now.  Witty dialogue and well developed plot to go along with the romance.  One problem i did have was with the resolution of the latest book "Succubus on Top".  It was somewhat anti-climatic for such a long build-up.  The denounment concerning the stripping was BRILLIANT however.  Also, i feel that Seth is too much of a perfect character.  He needs some flaws.  People like Batman better than Superman cause he's something people can relate to more.  Seth doesn't seem to have any obvious or outright flaws (other than being mortal).  Darcy was proud, Lysander and Demetrius' love failed under fairy enchantments, Mr. Knightely had big brother lecturing tendencies, and Colonel Brandon had problems with self-confidence concerning his age.  Other than that, lovely, amazing series. 
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 04:04:46 AM by THETA »
The words on the mysterious door read:
"Fancy hearing cake."

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 02, 2008, 06:50:45 PM »
Uhmm can we request spoilers here?
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 03, 2008, 08:52:05 PM »
*covers eyes*

I was going to ask the same thing...

Offline Richelle Mead

• Participant
  • Redhaired and Dangerous
    • View Profile
    • Richelle Mead's Official Website
« Reply #126 on: March 13, 2008, 11:48:14 AM »
You have no idea how giddy these threads make me.  Maybe when I'm a hardened author I won't care, but I'm a n00b now and am so flattered you guys are discussing and liking my books...in Jim's forum, no less.  I still feel like a poacher.

There are some who advise against authors interacting too much in situations like this, but it's hard for me not to say thank you to you guys for such kind words.  And if you have questions, I'm happy to answer them.  AND, if you ever don't like anything, don't be afraid to mention it just because I'm lurking around.  :)
FROSTBITE - Available now from Penguin/Razorbill!
STORM BORN - Coming August 08 from Kensington
Visit my site for more info: http://www.richellemead.com

Offline Richelle Mead

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Richelle's "Vampire Academy"
« Reply #127 on: March 13, 2008, 11:50:28 AM »
Thanks, guys!  Been a while since I checked in, and now Frostbite is right around the corner.  It's kind of scary because VA had a great reception with readers, and I so hope Frostbite doesn't disappoint.  You'd think an author's first book in a series would be the scary one.  Nope.  It's the second.

Offline LizW65

• Posty McPostington
  • Better Red than dead...
    • View Profile
    • elizabethkwadsworth.com
« Reply #128 on: March 13, 2008, 12:20:30 PM »
I'm looking forward to Storm Born, too!  Is that a Dan Dos Santos cover?!
"Make good art." -Neil Gaiman
"Or failing that, entertaining trash." -Me
http://www.elizabethkwadsworth.com

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 14, 2008, 01:42:09 AM »
*uncovers eyes*

I FINALLY got Succubus on Top!!!  Yay!

One question I have:
(click to show/hide)

My favorite scene:
(click to show/hide)

What I'm still dying to find out:
(click to show/hide)
.  Yes, I know that won't be revealed for a while - if in fact ever, but I keep looking for clues!

And finally, I love Carter.  I hope he continues to be a calming and counseling influence on Georgina.

Offline Yeratel

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 14, 2008, 02:53:51 AM »
You have no idea how giddy these threads make me.  Maybe when I'm a hardened author I won't care, but I'm a n00b now and am so flattered you guys are discussing and liking my books...in Jim's forum, no less.  I still feel like a poacher.

There are some who advise against authors interacting too much in situations like this, but it's hard for me not to say thank you to you guys for such kind words.  And if you have questions, I'm happy to answer them.  AND, if you ever don't like anything, don't be afraid to mention it just because I'm lurking around.  :)
You'll probably eventually work up to your own website and forums. I like Pat Elrod's site, too, and she's been very helpful to newbie writers, as well as readers.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea. " -RAH

Offline Richelle Mead

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 25, 2008, 06:34:58 AM »
BookLover:
(click to show/hide)

Yeratel: Oh my goodness.  That would be so cool...yet I worry I'd fall behind!  I disappear from other forums for months at a time. I'd feel horrible doing that to my own forum.  Maybe it'd give me incentive to be diligent, though.

Offline Richelle Mead

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 25, 2008, 06:37:21 AM »
I'm not sure who the artist is on that.  I just checked it, and there are no art credits.  I've never heard of Dan Dos Santos, but if he's someone notable, they probably would have credited him.  If his art's like that, I'll have to go check it out!  I love this cover.

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 25, 2008, 02:22:53 PM »
Thanks, Richelle!  It does make sense... in fact, after I posted the question, I wondered if it had something to do with the fact that they were the same type of immortal.

I notice you still won't answer my spoilery speculation!*   ;D  :P

*p.s.  Of course, I don't really want you to, because I want to find out in the story context...  ;)

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 25, 2008, 04:17:41 PM »
As long as you are "peeking" in now and then....

I'm a fan of Succabus Blues BUT wow--your preview for the new series sounds like something I'll like even more!  Your writing is always sharp, witty, exciting & fresh.   Can you get us more samples????

I didn't manage to get "OnTop" read until this last month or I'd have sent you notice earlier!

I suspect the warnings to authors is more to avoid the great scenes in West Wing where Josh goes ape over interent postings concerning his role at the White House.  As long as you don't get paranoid, you should be fine!  On the other hand, if you get a forum, do let us know!   What you need is a fan with the knowledge to run it.  I'm most definitely not that tech-type person!  MSD... though???  :-)  I think her calendar is full though. 

Are you still teaching or has writing taken over your life now?