Author Topic: Homebrew Stunts  (Read 50631 times)

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Homebrew Stunts
« Reply #375 on: December 08, 2012, 01:33:06 AM »
I'd allow it, but only if you were using some kind of Feeding Dependency rewrite.

With canon Feeding Dependency, it's underpowered. Having Feeding Dependency is worth a 1 Refresh rebate, so if you spend 1 Refresh on resisting Hunger you should be completely Hunger-free.

I'd suggest broadening it slightly if you want to use it with the canon Power. Resist Hunger rolls and something else. Something like Blood Frenzy or Feeding Frenzy rolls.

Also, I'd let people without Feeding Dependency take it if they wanted to for some reason.

Offline narphoenix

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 08, 2012, 01:55:12 AM »
Would you allow it to stack (and be taken) with your version of Feeding Dependency, Sancta?
GMing:

Paranet 2250

Avatar from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 08, 2012, 02:00:13 AM »
You could definitely take it.

Stacking, well, I'd have to think about that one.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 02, 2013, 07:20:09 AM »
Wow, it's been a long time.

Well, I'm updating the stunts page on the wiki. And there are some stunts there that aren't here, so I figure I should also update the stunt list here.

Anyway, here's the stuff on the wiki that isn't from here.

(click to show/hide)

Anyway, I'll be updating the stunt list here first. Then I'll copy the list here onto the wiki page.

This update isn't just for stunts from the wiki. You should feel totally free to contribute your own stunts. I plan to add a few stunts of my own, too.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 02, 2013, 08:40:32 AM »
More stunts that are gonna be added in the next update. They pretty much all need editing.

These ones are mine:

(click to show/hide)

And these ones are from other people:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 03, 2013, 09:22:09 AM »
And here are the edited versions of the new stunts from the wiki. Many of them were well-written and needed no real editing. I still messed around with their wording, though, so that they'd be worded similarly to the rest of the list.

I had to remove a few stunts. Namely:

Magic Dodge, because Athletics is already the default skill for spell defence.

I've Seen It All, because a canon stunt does the exact same thing.

Mixed Martial Artist, because there's already a stunt on the list that does what it does. I'll be adding its name to that stunt, though.

Lore is My Strength and Lore Is My Guide, because even if it's okay to change casting skills with stunts it isn't okay to use one skill for multiple parts of the casting process.

Good First Impression, because it's basically a duplicate of a canon stunt.

Battle Tactician, because I don't think you need a stunt to target multiple allies with a maneuver. And if it's intended to provide multiple tags, then that violates the action economy.

Stealth Fighter, because it's way too good.

I also edited a few stunts that seemed a bit too strong or too weak.

Graceful Silence was split in half, since you only get one trapping per stunt.

Ground And Pound lost its free action damage option, since that seemed too powerful. Also added a note saying such a stunt could exist in Might.

Domination now complements skills instead of replacing them.

Pistols Akimbo no longer has a range limitation.

Gun Kata now includes a situational +1 because it's narrower than it has to be.

Defender now requires its user to take a supplemental action. Not totally certain about this change, but I think the stunt was probably slightly too good before. I could be convinced otherwise quite easily.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 04, 2013, 01:04:25 AM »
And here are the edited versions of the other stunts.

(click to show/hide)

Edit list:

-Clarity Through Rage is now clearer and adds a huge bonus instead of creating an absolute effect.
-Hunger Control now works on all sorts of Hunger, so there's actually a reason to take both it and Feeding Dependency.
-Instant Medication now has a more generic name.
-One Breath edited so that it's mechanically clear, hopefully without changing what it's meant to do.
-Grisly Display is now clearer, I hope.
-Run Away now exists.
-O-Chiburi now inflicts an Aspect, which I think fits the idea the writer had in mind better than mental stress does.

I think the list update is pretty much ready.

But of course I'd appreciate it if y'all could look over this stuff and make sure it's okay.

And it's not too late to contribute your own stunts!

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 05, 2013, 10:22:15 AM »
Updated the list.

Made a few edits as I did so, but most of them were utterly trivial. The only ones that anyone is likely to care about were the slight clarifications about who's affected by Dominator and Don't Mess With My Friends.

Wiki page has been updated too.

It's not too late to criticize the update, though. I can always go back and change things.

PS: There are now two stunts on the list with the same name (Feint). Hopefully it won't be a problem.