Author Topic: Shoot and Move  (Read 1288 times)

Offline Baron Hazard

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Shoot and Move
« on: August 31, 2010, 04:21:14 PM »
Kincaid has a stunt called "Shoot and Move" it reduces penalties to rolls do to him moving while wielding small caliber fire arms by 2.

I thought you could only use 1 supplemental action per round (gaining you a -1) and moving a zone counted as a supplemental action. No where does it explicitly state in the rules that 1 supplemental action per round is the limit, but it also doesn't say anything about additional actions being cumulative.

Just wondering if Kincaid's stunt is from a previous build of the system or there is something I was missing there.

Offline Papa Gruff

• Conversationalist
  • in omnia paratus!
    • View Profile
Re: Shoot and Move
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 02:01:13 PM »
First of all: You are right. You can move into an neighboring zone by using a supplemental action for -1. This for example is pretty easy if you are on an empty soccer pitch with nobody and nothing there but you and the grass.

In any normal situation there might be any number of obstacles that you might have to overcome. Kincaid is able to ignore the -1 for zone movement as a supplemental action anyways, because he has inhuman speed (Casual movement). As I read it the Stunt it further enables him to ignore zone borders of Fair (+2) values. To me that means that during a fire fight were he uses handguns he can move unhindered through even the roughest terrain while still maintaining absolute control of his aim and actions.

Pretty nifty...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 02:05:44 PM by Papa Gruff »
in omnia peratus! ... wait a minute! ... to give anybody a rucksack? ... DAMN CORRESPONDENCE COURSE!

Offline Baron Hazard

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 08:03:44 AM »
aha, thank you papa gruff. I appreciate the feedback, that makes sense to me.

Offline Belial666

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 09:12:04 AM »
It would also enable him to move two zones (i.e. casual movement and one more zone) and ignore borders of +1 without penalties.

Offline Papa Gruff

• Conversationalist
  • in omnia paratus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 12:04:21 PM »
It would also enable him to move two zones (i.e. casual movement and one more zone) and ignore borders of +1 without penalties.

I don't know about that. It smells a little over powered to me because it enables him to kite too well. In most fights he would be able to just stay ahead of his opponents without spending his action while they have to constantly sprint behind him. I agree if he has to spend his movement action.

A thing that just came to my mind is, that it might help him to overcome movement blocks in a gun fight. But I'm not sure about that either. To me the ignore on +2 zone borders is more then enough benefit for a -1 refresh stunt...
in omnia peratus! ... wait a minute! ... to give anybody a rucksack? ... DAMN CORRESPONDENCE COURSE!