Author Topic: White Court & Virgins  (Read 1836 times)

Offline Lirielle

• Participant
    • View Profile
White Court & Virgins
« on: August 17, 2010, 07:46:55 PM »
In a certain book, Lara Raith readily identifies a character as a virgin. I won't name names so no one has this rather amusing scene spoiled, but it does bring up a question: can all White Court (of the lusty persuasion) vampires easily identify virgins as an odd quirk, or does this correlate with power level, empathy, or otherwise? (if so, what does this mean for other flavors of the White Court?)

I'm planning on playing a character who is a virgin, and the GM and I are trying to clarify just how likely it is that I'm going to be eaten right off the bat.

Offline Ophidimancer

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: White Court & Virgins
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 08:03:34 PM »
I think perhaps it was just a good Empathy Assessment on Lara's part.

Offline wyvern

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 08:05:21 PM »
Hm... I'd probably call that a lore check for the WCV; it seems to fit the same sort of sensory ability a wizard has to detect magical talent, for example.

As for how likely you are to get eaten - that probably depends more on the rest of your character; if you've got, say, a high discipline and a bit of power, you should be just fine; if not, you're neither more nor less food than any other mortal.

It'd also vary depending on how likely you are to encounter WCVs - if your character isn't the sort who'd show up at clubs, for example, you'd be a lot safer than someone who is.

I'd also refer you to the sections on social conflicts and concessions; if a WCV *does* try to eat you, and you don't have the skill to avoid getting taken out, you can concede instead - the book example has someone taking a consequence of "doubting my purity", rather than actually ending up sleeping with anyone.

Offline Lirielle

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 08:11:03 PM »
Thanks for the input. We'll probably go with lore or empathy, and I'll risk it. Discipline will be a higher skill for me, so I should be able to extricate myself if it comes up.

Offline Ophidimancer

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 08:14:09 PM »
Also, if you know what you're up against, you can always try to Maneuver to apply a few Aspects that you can tag to yourself to bolster your Discipline defense.

Offline wyvern

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 08:17:15 PM »
Yeah; I think at worst (for you), this would be a lore or empathy assessment action by the WCV; if they succeed, it gives them an aspect on you that they can tag, but that'd be it.

Offline Kaldra

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 04:13:42 PM »
to defend against, carry around a canteen with ice water and like the headache relief advertised on tv apply directly to the head