Author Topic: Miami; the Makeshift Mermaid and other Yarns  (Read 72281 times)

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
  • AKA: Renmonster The Horgymeister
    • View Profile
    • The Forbidden Dojo 3-D Art
Re: Gamers looking for Groups? (ATX)
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2010, 01:14:47 AM »
Starbucks...50 demerits...rofl
I'm not a starbucks fan, but I'm sure we can come up with some kind of meeting place.
"Brain Makes My Math Hurt" - me

"Eeyore is my Totem Animal" - me

"Pants are overrated!" - me

Offline zegion

• Conversationalist
  • *Taps* -Bugle Call
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2010, 02:55:15 AM »
(ouch havent had demerits since i was a cadet, 50? Im going to be walking post for awhile) it would only to work out the details. I might have someone else that might want to join.
-They fought for their lives But most of them died

-The angels were crying, As they carried his brothers away. With the fire raining down And the Hell all around
There were few men left standing that day.

Big & Rich 8th of November.

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2010, 02:22:51 PM »
Well that would bring us to 3, possibly 4. need to email a buddy of mine and see if he's still up for a game.
I still need to sit down and try to figure out the rules...lol I haven't actually even played a game.
I was pondering the possibility of maybe rotating GM's, with each GM doing a short arc in the same setting, with one core GM for a central amd ongoing plot. might be another good way to develop a further degree of depth for the game.

As far as setting goes I'm currently fixated on using Miami, just like the idea that it sets a whole different tone and has a wide variety of odd things and places (Fountain of Youth?) as well as some swamps to hide bodies...that could be re-animated of course...8)
And I want to use were-sharks and were-rats as well...never got to use them in any old World of Darkness games! Well not the sharks anyway. And we can in a few local celebrities; Dexter, Michael Westin and crew? Fun stuff!

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2010, 10:58:07 PM »
Looks like I may be able to find some more folks via the Austin Meetup Group, I'll let you know as soon as I can get something organized.
I'm not looking at anything until the weekend after Turkey Day at the earliest.

Offline zegion

• Conversationalist
  • *Taps* -Bugle Call
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2010, 12:57:33 PM »
Sounds good on both setting and time.

-The angels were crying, As they carried his brothers away. With the fire raining down And the Hell all around

Offline zegion

• Conversationalist
  • *Taps* -Bugle Call
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2010, 11:22:13 PM »
First off, Hope yalls turkey day went well. My wife fed me more then i thought possible and my pants dont fit so well right now.

Second, my acquittance said he would be down to game. Hes a novice, and never done it before but he wants to give it a try. I will be gone on the 4th and 5th for my weekend drill so i wont be able to get together for a meet and greet. Can we shoot for the next weekend the 11th and 12th or when ever is convenient.

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2010, 04:05:29 PM »
There was someone else that also has Guard-related stuff, if his schedule matches yours I'll certainly considering delaying a meeting until the following weekend.
As far as location I'm thinking about the Barnes and Noble on I-35 and Louis Henna. Or possibly one of the Restaurants in the same mall (Logan's Steakhouse or possibly the Tilted Kilt?).
I'll post something on the Lair's Board and on the Austin Meetup Page. However as the Xmas holiday is fast approaching we likely won't get the actual game started until after the Holidays. In the meantime we can build the city and characters etc...

Offline zegion

• Conversationalist
  • *Taps* -Bugle Call
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2010, 05:01:31 PM »
Sounds good.

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2010, 05:40:24 PM »
Well that would bring us to 3, possibly 4. need to email a buddy of mine and see if he's still up for a game.
I still need to sit down and try to figure out the rules...lol I haven't actually even played a game.
I was pondering the possibility of maybe rotating GM's, with each GM doing a short arc in the same setting, with one core GM for a central amd ongoing plot. might be another good way to develop a further degree of depth for the game.

As far as setting goes I'm currently fixated on using Miami, just like the idea that it sets a whole different tone and has a wide variety of odd things and places (Fountain of Youth?) as well as some swamps to hide bodies...that could be re-animated of course...8)
And I want to use were-sharks and were-rats as well...never got to use them in any old World of Darkness games! Well not the sharks anyway. And we can in a few local celebrities; Dexter, Michael Westin and crew? Fun stuff!
I point you to this
http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,22908.0/topicseen.html

and this
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZVV9F0z5BKahPA8kqf8hikP8Jevk1ztT7CBqtxdy_VE/edit?authkey=CKGpmkY&hl=en&pli=1#

Offline zegion

• Conversationalist
  • *Taps* -Bugle Call
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2010, 10:35:20 PM »
Thats good stuff man. thanks. Im not sure if we are ever going to get off the ground though.

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2010, 10:46:08 PM »
Thats good stuff man. thanks. Im not sure if we are ever going to get off the ground though.
meant to ask you about that, Happy B-day btw

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2010, 05:44:06 PM »
I apologize for not posting anything sooner but I'm going to have to put everything on hold until at least after the holidays. Just going to be too chaotic until they've passed. Figure I'll aim for around January 9th to get folks together for a meet and greet etc...give everyone more time to read over the rules and such.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 12:41:07 AM by Renfield »

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2010, 12:40:47 AM »
I apologize for not posting anything sooner but I'm going to have to put everything on hold until at least after the holidays. Just going to be too chaotic until they've passed.
i'm Z's acquaintance in the Austin area *Cedar Park*
I picked up the books from Amazon, I've never RPGed before but it sounds cool.
Whats the Minimum number of people you need?

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2010, 01:46:38 PM »
I'd prefer a minimum of 5, but four is workable. I've got at least 2 other interested folks from the Austin RPG Meetup group, but since I understand that a couple of folks are Guard and have to be gone for one weekend a month (?) and maybe special occasions I'd like to have the 5-6 optimum to cover for absences. Though I may consider going to an every other week scheduling depending on other player's schedules.

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2010, 01:30:30 AM »
fyi; I can plan for January 2nd or January 8th for an initial get together, depends on what works for the majority of people.