Author Topic: Aparturum  (Read 1243 times)

Offline Baron Hazard

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Aparturum
« on: August 25, 2010, 05:49:15 PM »
Maybe I missed something it mentioned specificallya bout opening doors to the nevernever elsewhere, but in game, the options seem to be limited to Thaumaurgy, World walker, and Swift Transition. Dresden's Aparturum spell seems to be more Evocation than Thaumaturgy, no ritual, no pomp, just stepping up to a point, "Aparutum" and Poof! there is a doorway to the nevernever.

Spirit Evocation Maneuver?

Offline JosephKell

• Conversationalist
  • Total Refresh Cost: +2 (Pure Mortal)
    • View Profile
Re: Aparturum
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 06:43:55 PM »
YS 282 (Transportion and Worldwalking).  The about Worldwalking starts on page 283 (see the red bolded "worldwalking")

Basically you are doing a block on the veil acting as a veil...

Usually the veil is of Superb strength.  But in some places it is as "weak" as Good (I think Las Vegas has Good everywhere).

So you need to consider strength of the block and how long you want it to last.  Each duration shift of power moves it up the time chart one step.

Without any duration shifts, the veil instead attacks your block (using its initial strength).  So if you do 5 shifts of power in a good location (with all 5 shifts to rift and none to duration), until the Veil gets a Superb result with its Good skill, the rift remains open.

You can do this either as evocation (fast) or thaumaturgy (painfully slow).
If you have to ask, it probably breaks a Law of Magic.  You're just trying to get the Doom of Damocles.

Offline Baron Hazard

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Aparturum
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 07:00:08 PM »
Rad! I missed that, I'll have to go check it out.