Author Topic: Gateway 2010 Dresden Files  (Read 1911 times)

Offline Morgan

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Gateway 2010 Dresden Files
« on: August 20, 2010, 11:29:47 PM »
Once again I'm going to be running my Dresden Files con games in Los Angeles at Strategicon this time at Gateway 2010 on Labor Day weekend September 3-6. My games are The Doom of Damocles, Major Problem Minor Talents, and Greek Week. In addition my friend WillH is going to be running his terrific Leverage Files game, which combines the Dresden Files with the TV Show Leverage. I got a chance to play this at GenCon and it was a blast, I highly recommend it. So if you're in the LA area over Labor Day weekend and interested in Dresden Files, or great gaming in general check it out at these links, game sign up starts tomorrow.

http://www.strategicon.net/index.php
http://www.strategicon.net/index.php?goto=events

Offline Synthesse

• Participant
  • One-Woman Rave
    • View Profile
Re: Gateway 2010 Dresden Files
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 02:13:14 PM »
I'm coming! I'll see if your games are at the right time - if so, I'll be there. This is my first time playing FATE and I've really wanted to GM Dresden Files RPG, so hopefully I can learn about it that weekend XD

Offline WillH

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 04:07:20 PM »
Morgans Stuff:
The Doom of Damocles Description Sat. 9AM
Major Problem, Minor Talents Description Sun. 9AM
Greek Week Mon. 9AM

My Event:
The Leverage Files Sat. 2PM

Offline Synthesse

• Participant
  • One-Woman Rave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 08:07:55 PM »
Jeez Dresden Files are popular (I was slow on the pre-reg). I guess I'll see if I can sign up onsite XD.
EDIT: Actually, maybe not, I'm in some kind of queue.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 08:11:49 PM by Synthesse »

Offline WillH

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 09:17:40 PM »
I didn't even realize pre-reg was today. Everything I wanted into was full already.

Offline Morgan

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 09:44:46 PM »
Yeah the pre-reg spots can go quickly, but they are only for half the game's slots. So if you can show up to the con you still have a pretty good chance of signing up for and getting into a game on site. Last con I think I had at least one alternate player in each game so your chances of getting into a game should be pretty good. Also if all the Dresden Files games are full it looks like there are a bunch of other great games running as well.

Offline Morgan

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 11:19:45 PM »
So at the moment all the pre-registration slots for all the Dresden Files games at Gateway are full, but all that means is that the games are only half full and you can still sign up for the games on site at the con at the RPG headquarters desk. Hope to see some of you there.

Offline WillH

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 03:51:34 AM »
I just wanted to thank Synthesse for playing in my game and Morgan for running some awesome games.

Offline Morgan

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 03:30:59 PM »
I'll second Will's thanks to Synthesse and throw one out to Will himself, and to anyone else who came and got to play some DFRPG. It was a great con and if anyone came but didn't get into a Dresden game this time, I know I'll be running it again at the next Strategicon in February hope to see you there.