Author Topic: Shapeshifting Power mechanics  (Read 949 times)

Offline CBIrish

• Participant
    • View Profile
Shapeshifting Power mechanics
« on: August 15, 2010, 04:09:58 AM »
So, I was reading through the book and came across the Shape-shifting power, which basically lets you turn in to anything you want, with the time needed depending on the severity of the change.  They site some general examples (turning in to a tree taking longer than in to an animal) but how would you guys work it if they wanted to change in to something drastically different? Say, a lamp, or a tripwire, or a riot shield? Clearly those would require a little more time, but I'm looking for suggestions on how to tell how long.

Any thoughts?
Some people call me morally bankrupt.  I like think of myself as free-spirited . . . and morally bankrupt.

Offline Ophidimancer

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Shapeshifting Power mechanics
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 05:22:01 AM »
Off the top of my head I would use your Discipline as a Resources Skill and compare it to the chart on YS322.

Hmm ... now that I look at it closer, maybe that's not the best idea.

How about this:  Taking an inanimate form adds two time increments (YS315), taking a shape that is of significantly different size adds another two increments, and taking a form that has actual use (like something with a Weapon Rating, or an actual working computer) would add another two time increments.

Does that work for you?