Author Topic: Item of power. am i missing something?  (Read 1332 times)

Offline Jaxom Faux

• Participant
    • View Profile
Item of power. am i missing something?
« on: August 06, 2010, 05:21:56 AM »
read the book, think i got it figured out that you pay for the powers and get a discount on the first item for it is what it is. so i'm ok right there.

1) one of my players wants a +1 to his guns skill (his items a gun) when keeping with it's purpose (like the sword of the cross.) and i'm thinking that's a -1 for cost but

2) how the heck is a sword of the cross a -3 sword? it seems that either all equal before god is massive (like -4 massive) or i don't actually understand how the abilities are added.

could someone please explain? i think i understand but i want to double check before i determine a cost for his items.

the players items are currently 2x pistols, +1 guns when in purpose (hunting supernatural creatures), holy and it sounds like it should be -3 or -5.

Offline Archmage_Cowl

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Item of power. am i missing something?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 05:39:27 AM »
a sword of the cross is statted as
[+2] item of power
[-1] True Aim
[-1] Holy
[-3] All creatures are equal before god.

so you are accurate in that it is a -1 power to give yourself a +1 to all guns rolls with a specific gun while in keeping with it's purpose.

So a gun that is holy and give him a +1 to all guns rolls would cost -1
[+1] item of power*
[-1] True Aim
[-1] Holy
*this could go up to a +2 but the book specifically says an item has to cost at least 1 refresh.
"I who stand in the full light of the heavens, command thee, who opens the gates to hell. Come forth Divine Lightning! This ends now! Indignation!" Jade Curtis Tales of the abyss

Offline Jaxom Faux

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Item of power. am i missing something?
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 02:38:06 AM »
tyvm sir. the divine purpose was throwing me i think, i figured it was a positve refresh, but apparently not